Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why no Plax? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95284)

ZoneBlitzer 12-23-2012 10:32 PM

Why no Plax?
 
Another coaching blunder...

Ben has been clamoring for a receiver like Plex ever since he left. Instead of having midgets who can't get separation, how about putting in a tall target that Ben can hit. I think having him in there would've been an emotional boost for Ben. But no, instead of changing the formula to find a way to win, Tomlin sticks to the status quo which resulted 5 losses down the stretch.

Cyphon 12-23-2012 11:30 PM

Re: Why no Plax?
 
I made a thread going into the Cincy game saying Plax was a key to us winning. He was inactive and well....You see the results. I won't say that was the main cause but it certainly didn't help.

I think part of the cause had to do with adding depth at CB or maybe somewhere else. That said, Mendenhall should have been inactive to make room for that sport and Plax should have dressed. So yes, just 1 more coaching blunder on top of many others.

ZoneBlitzer 12-24-2012 12:01 AM

Re: Why no Plax?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyphon (Post 1069419)
I made a thread going into the Cincy game saying Plax was a key to us winning. He was inactive and well....You see the results. I won't say that was the main cause but it certainly didn't help.

I think part of the cause had to do with adding depth at CB or maybe somewhere else. That said, Mendenhall should have been inactive to make room for that sport and Plax should have dressed. So yes, just 1 more coaching blunder on top of many others.

The Steelers dressed FIVE RBs. Plax should've taken one of those spots. As for Mendy, if you're going to dress him, play him. He's your best RB. He gained 50 yards on 11 carries the most out of any RB.

Cyphon 12-24-2012 12:05 AM

Re: Why no Plax?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer (Post 1069425)
The Steelers dressed FIVE RBs. Plax should've taken one of those spots. As for Mendy, if you're going to dress him, play him. He's your best RB. He gained 50 yards on 11 carries the most out of any RB.

I agree about him taking 1 of those spots. But it should have been Mendy's. Our best back is Redman btw.

ZoneBlitzer 12-24-2012 12:09 AM

Re: Why no Plax?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyphon (Post 1069427)
I agree about him taking 1 of those spots. But it should have been Mendy's. Our best back is Redman btw.

Yeah but Mendy was running better.

Cyphon 12-24-2012 12:23 AM

Re: Why no Plax?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer (Post 1069428)
Yeah but Mendy was running better.

Than Dwyer? Yeah. I said Redman though. You can't really compare the 2 because Redman had 3 carries and 2 of them were in predictable situations. Now if you want to compare situational.....Redman was 2/2 in short yardage converting on third and 4th down. Mendenhall got stuffed on a 3rd and 2. So (where comparable this game) Redman ran better.

ZoneBlitzer 12-24-2012 12:28 AM

Re: Why no Plax?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyphon (Post 1069432)
Than Dwyer? Yeah. I said Redman though. You can't really compare the 2 because Redman had 3 carries and 2 of them were in predictable situations. Now if you want to compare situational.....Redman was 2/2 in short yardage converting on third and 4th down. Mendenhall got stuffed on a 3rd and 2. So (where comparable this game) Redman ran better.

Well just on the day I thought he had the bit btw the teeth.

And, oh. Why no Plax?

defence 12-24-2012 08:02 AM

Re: Why no Plax?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyphon (Post 1069427)
I agree about him taking 1 of those spots. But it should have been Mendy's. Our best back is Redman btw.

Redman!! Really?? Look you guys can call it however you feel like calling it but let's not be ridiculous with the redman dwyer crap. Those 2 would have a hard time just making any other nfl roster

TRH 12-24-2012 08:13 AM

Re: Why no Plax?
 
..and we'll never re-sign him after the season. So that experiment was basically a waste of time.

Steel Peon 12-24-2012 08:16 AM

Re: Why no Plax?
 
I will agree......we should've benched Wallace and inserted Plax......at least he might tackle.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum