Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   On second thought.... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95301)

Riddle_Of_Steel 12-24-2012 12:13 PM

On second thought....

...maybe having a baby during the roughest stretch of our schedule was not such a good thing for Ben's game?

Want to know why Ben has played so poorly for the last three games?

Any of you out there new parents? You average about 2.5 hours of sleep per stretch during the baby's first two or three months.....after that, it statrts to increase slowly.

I know-- my first one (a boy) is on his way in March). Been reading...

No excuses for Ben, but for folks saying he is "damaged goods" or over the hill-- relax. There will be next year, and maybe the Steelers will have the Oline we envisioned for this season.

Come on, Steelers fans! Every season can't be a winner for us....

We'll get 'em in 2013.

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

harrison'samonster 12-24-2012 12:17 PM

Re: On second thought....

I remember Ike Taylor had some trouble when he had a kid too. I remember reading that Rooney let him take a nap in his office one day. Always thought that was pretty funny.

The reality is that these guys are real people with lives outside of football. I know this isn't an excuse to play poorly, just that these aren't video games, but real life. Injuries and stuff like that happen. Confidence, trust in teammates, and morale make a big difference. I've been reading from posters that this team doesn't have that "band of brother" feel that the recent teams have had, and it might be true. Hopefully they pull it together for next year.

Hopefully this game against Cleveland will show who's going to keep playing hard, and it might weed out those who will give up.

WVABE 12-24-2012 01:11 PM

:tt03:Maybe getting a steady dose of happiness is wearing Ben down.

He can barely run out of the pocket, that women has drained him.

:egg::yawn::pin::yap::whip::binky::lust::storkg::b ash:

dustyblades 12-24-2012 01:11 PM

Hadn't thought of that.

Speaking as a father of two, I can state that a person is affected by the arrival of a baby much like the dice are affected in a game of Boggle.

During the early days of my second, I remember having trouble even standing up without dozing off while at work due to the lack of sleep. My students can be pretty ravenous, but none of them are NFL defenders.

rgj 12-24-2012 01:24 PM

Nothing's wrong with Roethlisberger that a good trip to a college bar in Georgia won't fix....right Ben?

GoFor7 12-24-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgj (Post 1069723)
Nothing's wrong with Roethlisberger that a good trip to a college bar in Georgia won't fix....right Ben?

How come these guys only show up when Ben has a bad game? :coffee:

Rotorhead 12-24-2012 02:47 PM

My little girl is just over 1 and she had terrible collic, if Bens kid has colic, he would be wreck, a kid with colic is unbelievably hard, mine screamed from 8am to around 4pm for almost 4 months, nonstop unless she was eating or the occasional 20m nap.