Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So Harrison is allowed to criticize coaches? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95309)

GoFor7 12-24-2012 02:10 PM

So Harrison is allowed to criticize coaches?

Everyone crucified Ben for the comments after the Dallas game, but here's what Harrison said:

Quote:

James Harrison spread the blame among all.

"We have to do a better job as players playing the game, individually and collectively. We have to do a better job as coaches, coaching the game, and putting our players in positions to make plays.

"We have to do a better job as players of playing, and a better job as coaches of coaching."
http://sulia.com/channel/cincinnati-...source=twitter

I expect several threads about how Harrison has an ego now.

harrison'samonster 12-24-2012 02:13 PM

Re: So Harrison is allowed to criticize coaches?

he's allowed to say anything he wants. Seriously, would you want to be the coach to tell him to shut up?

Seriously though, I'm surprised to have not heard anything about this either. Maybe it's because he's on his way out, who knows?

TRH 12-24-2012 02:14 PM

yeah, i saw that earlier today and was like "uh-oh........Harrison's stirring the pot again" lol

Hard to figure who that is directed at. Tomlin or LeBeau. Or both. But i like the comment. Someone's showing some passion. And he's right : we have done a good job of playing OR coaching.

GoFor7 12-24-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1069757)
he's allowed to say anything he wants. Seriously, would you want to be the coach to tell him to shut up?

Seriously though, I'm surprised to have not heard anything about this either. Maybe it's because he's on his way out, who knows?

Because in Pittsburgh, it's only bad when the star QB does it. Anyone else and it's swept under the rug. Which is odd, because his comments can be taken as a shot at LeBeau.

TRH 12-24-2012 02:21 PM

yeah - it just gives you an example of the unbelievable scrutiny put in every single word Ben utters. If he said this (or anything that ANYone on this team has said about.....well....anything) - oh my - the s**t would be hitting the fan today all over the city and on all the sports analysis shows as well.

Darkstorm05 12-24-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFor7 (Post 1069760)
Because in Pittsburgh, it's only bad when the star QB does it. Anyone else and it's swept under the rug. Which is odd, because his comments can be taken as a shot at LeBeau.

Given his price tag, he's likely to be gone next year. Problem solved.

Fire Arians 12-24-2012 02:39 PM

well what he says is true, they need to do a better job all around

teams with good players + good coaching do not go 8-8

steelerchad 12-24-2012 02:40 PM

he either restructures or he's gone or I if we keep him at his current price, I don't know who this front office is anymore. The Steelers of old had no time or money for guys who are incapable of living up to their contract value.

steelerchad 12-24-2012 02:41 PM

James Harrison?
Who is this guy you speak of?
I thought he was on IR or something. I don't remember hearing his name called this year.

lloydwoodson 12-24-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFor7 (Post 1069760)

No one cares what the crazy OLB says because no one takes him seriously.

Harrison made threats about Goodell.

If anyone has a quote where Harrison calls out coaches specifically on his side of the ball I'd love to see them.

Harrison blames Ben and the offense for the Steelers woes. He always has.