Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2013 Receiving Corp (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95319)

xbroughneck 12-24-2012 05:15 PM

2013 Receiving Corp

So...we know...

Antonio Brown is back.
Sanders is probably back.
Cotchery...back.

Who are the other two receivers the Steelers will dress?

Mike Wallace is no Santonio Holmes. He's not even a young Hines Ward. He's a decent #2 speed receiver. Antonio Brown is a decent #2 slot receiver.

What do the Steelers do about the lack of a true #1 receiving threat on the roster?

Cyphon 12-24-2012 05:26 PM

Re: 2013 Receiving Corp

I have zero problem with our receivers. My only complaint is that I would have liked to see Burress dress at the end of the season. We could definitely use some height at the position.

truesteelerfan 12-24-2012 05:28 PM

I think I'd prefer to let Wallace walk due to his attitude - resign Burress for one more year (will cost much less than the tag on Wallace) and draft. Our drafts and scouts have done good at WR lately. Could get something good in rounds 3-5 for the future of the position. (1 pick, not 3)

SteelBobbleHead 12-24-2012 05:30 PM

I have no problem with the receivers on this team either. I just don't think the offense we ran utilizes their strengths. Wallace has never been known as a precise route runner. Brown and Sanders are both quick, precise route runners. 10 yard patterns wasted their potential.

WVABE 12-24-2012 05:53 PM

The player with the best hands needs to be #1 and that is Cotchery.

OX1947 12-24-2012 06:05 PM

Maybe we can get lucky and have one of those rare trades like Portis for Champ Bailey with Wallace and Fitzgerald. Sign and trade type deal.

xbroughneck 12-24-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBobbleHead (Post 1069858)
I have no problem with the receivers on this team either. I just don't think the offense we ran utilizes their strengths. Wallace has never been known as a precise route runner. Brown and Sanders are both quick, precise route runners. 10 yard patterns wasted their potential.

You forgot an adjective to describe the Steelers receivers. UNDERSIZED.

But you're right about them not being used correctly. Why would Haley call an outside run play where the receivers are expected to sustain a block? STUPID. Now that Hines is gone the receiving corp (other than what I saw Cotchery do) doesn't run block well anymore.

cowherpower 12-25-2012 08:40 AM

I think Sanders having injuries slowed his development but he seems like a legit receiver. Brown is a legit starter and Cotchery is a chains mover. No reason to go crazy and spend big on a FA but I would draft one in later rounds to develop. Let's not forget Gilreath who I really feel can be in 4 and 5 wide sets or spell the above three in some packages. He seems to have that 'it' factor that Brown exhibited before he had his coming out party. Yeah, WR is probably least of my concerns.

steeltheone 12-25-2012 09:44 AM

Sanders has been a huge disappointment. His annual 350 yards receiving can be replaced by Veterans minimum type players.

Brown owes this team after his less than stellar ( after signing a 42 million plus contract ) season. Lets hope he picks it up next year.

desertsteel 12-25-2012 09:47 AM

Wallace's year was just as good as Brown's. I'm for keeping Wallace. Wallace has the potential to be a great receiver.