Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who to draft in 2013? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95320)

Fire Arians 12-24-2012 05:34 PM

Who to draft in 2013?

If the season ended today, we'd have the #14 pick, who would you guys select?

Hawaii 5-0 12-24-2012 07:51 PM

Re: Who to draft in 2013?

Rd1) Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame

Rd2) Eric Reid S LSU

Rd3) Montee Ball RB Wisconsin

hey, I can dream can't I? :tt02:

pete74 12-24-2012 08:03 PM

Te'o will be gone so the best Olb there

SteelersCanada 12-24-2012 08:17 PM

Dion Jordan

teegre 12-24-2012 10:35 PM

If Pittsburgh remains at 14, here are my thoughts (although, I think they win on Aubday, and in turn, will pick 17ish).

STAR LOTULELEI
If Star Lotulelei (NT, Utah) drops to 14, he is a monster. He "should" go top 5... but, the glamour positions always go higher; so, he "could" drop.

MATT ELAM
DION JORDAN
I really love Matt Elam. I've mocked him to the Steelers for six months... but, not necessarily at 14. (I was originally thinking Elam at 32.) While Elam had a great season, I think a pass-rusher makes more sense at 14. There are lots of safeties this year (lots), and even though I really like Elam, the value pick would be Dion Jordan (OLB, Oregon).

LINEMEN
Three other names:
NT John Jenkins (Georgia)
NT Jesse Williams (Alabama)
LT/LG Barrett Jones

I really like Jones, and I had replaced him in my list of most coveted player (by Elam). BUT, since The Colon can not stay healthy, since Foster is average, and since Jones CAN play both LG & LT, Jones is my dark horse once again.

SUMMATION
R1:
Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah
Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
Barret Jones. LG, Alabama
Matt Elam, S, Florida;

R2:
TJ McDonald, S, USC
Robert Lester, S, Alabama
Eric Reid, S, LSU
Alex Van Noy, LB, BYU

R3:
Shayne Skov, LB, Stanford

R4:
Nico Johnson, LB, Alabama
Leon McFadden, CB, SDSU

PhantomJB93 12-24-2012 11:02 PM

Here's who I like (separated by round). For the record I'm really not a believer that we need to take an OLB early on, but where we're drafting it's highly likely one will be the BPA and we'll take him anyway:

Manti Te'o (trade third and fifth to move up from 14 and pick at 7 or 8)
Dion Jordan (If we feel he can play OLB with his size)
Bjoern Werner (If Dion Jordan can't play OLB)
Matt Elam (if he by some chance doesn't return to school)
Alec Ogletree

Eric Reid
David Amerson (convert to safety, he has Ed Reed-esque ballhawk skills but poor in man coverage as CB)
Eddie Lacy
Montee Ball

Bacarri Rambo
Andre Ellington
Joseph Randle
Michael Mauti

My dream draft would be the trade for Te'o with Montee Ball in the second and the best safety available in the fourth.

sexyllama 12-24-2012 11:43 PM

The draft is all the more reason to bench Ben, Troy, and all the other hurt players. No need to get anyone injured which screws us for 2013.

Ben Out
Troy Out
Harrison Out

None of them should play. If Tomlin coaches the reserves like the starters it should be an easy loss.

14th pick is the best option right now.

TheVet 12-25-2012 01:34 AM

My thoughts are that Mike Tomlin should call Bill Cowher and ask who he would draft.

ricardisimo 12-25-2012 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVet (Post 1069976)
My thoughts are that Mike Tomlin should call Bill Cowher and ask who he would draft.

Neither Tomlin nor Cowher ever made anything more than suggestions at draft time. The Cowher worship should at least be guided by reality.

I think we need to look at a QB fairly early in the draft. Batch cannot last another year, and Lefty is made of glass.

WVABE 12-25-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 1069981)

I think we need to look at a QB fairly early in the draft. Batch cannot last another year, and Lefty is made of glass.

I'm kind of surprised that many don't mention a QB early on in the up coming draft. Personally I pick one no later than the 3rd round.
1. LB
2. DB
3. QB
4. WR
5. DT
6. TE
7. RB