Think About This
I have read, as many of us have, the finger pointing and temper tantrum threads. I thought I would point out some things that maybe have not been brought to light collectively in a single thread:
1. Dressed like 5 running backs last game
2. Signed a former Steeler who shot himself in the leg and did some time
3. Disciplined multiple running backs by benching and suspending them while consistently neglecting real and relevant game day coaching responsibilities and losing games by three points in the fourth quarter surely partly due to a lack of a running game (see #1)
4. Not using the guy from #2 who is great red zone threat with nothing to lose, plus the QB likes a guy of the physical stature and presence. You signed him, use him. Or for God's sake find a comparable FA or draft.
5 Run, run, pass
6 Use two time outs in the first half for naught forced to play the end of the first half like it is the end of the game
What kills me most is the coaching. Disciplining RB's while at the same time dressing so many is stupid. Make a choice. Use Buress. Why sign him? It seems to me the Steelers are trying to put on a front of "managing" a team and making decisions as opposed to planning to win games. This is odd, the Steelers usually go out and just win.
I feel the rest of the league is moving forward and the Steelers are trapped in traditional habits which will not win games.
I forgot, are things really this bad? if you had read this post last year, what would you say? Especially if you knew the team would be 7-8 or whatever they are.
Re: Think About This
If the players are consistently undisciplined and the coaches are severely unmotivating, we get what I call the NFL.
New Football Lions
Re: Think About This
1. We could dress five because they're all capable of doing different things. Dwyer and Redman aren't consistent and a change of pace is absolutely necessary. Plus, Batch is a special teams captain - that's why he was dressed.
2. He was signed because Manny and AB were hurt. Plain and simple.
3. Disciplining running backs because they're fumbling and giving a middle finger to the organization is absolutely necessary. Dwyer was inconsistent, Redman fumbled multiple times in the redzone, Mendenhall did both of those things and basically told the Steelers to 'fuck off' without having to say anything.
4. We have three guys - arguably four - who are more talented than he is. He was signed for depth when people were injured.
5. This scheme was implemented when Ben was injured in an attempt to keep him safe. While it's a very lame and dumb excuse for the ridiculous playcalling, it's the reason none-the-less.
6. I don't know what this one means.
I'm not 100% sure what you meant after these six points, but I know that Burress was signed for depth and Batch was active a lot because he was a ST captain. We used him in the backfield few and far between.
Re: Think About This
If Burress isn't as talented as Cotchery, why sign him at all. Plenty of other options out there without the Burress baggage. Some great points by twentyvalve. Burress wasn't worth "a look" if they weren't going to use him. He came with baggage and signing him to sit was dumb. And we don't need 5 RB's ever. 2, with Batch as STeamer bc he can also play RB makes much more sense with the signing of Burress. It gives you 3 active RBs. Using Rainey the way they did was silly and didn't work once. The Steelers were undisciplined all year. That's coaching and they need to hold players accountable but benching is not the only way to do it. They picked and chose when and whom to be tough with. IMO it backfired. Plain and simple.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum