Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ed Reed- another illegal hit (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95338)

steelerchad 12-25-2012 05:20 PM

Ed Reed- another illegal hit

Ed got flagged again this past week. After getting a pardon from suspension for the last hit a few weeks ago, one would think he almost certainly would now be suspended for his 4th offense. But the inconsistent NFL will probably let it slide. The rules are becoming so ridiculous I don't know what is or isn't a penalty, what is or isn't worthy of suspension.

I don't think most of these hits should be punished. But how you can throw the book at some and let others slide is beyond me.

harrison'samonster 12-25-2012 05:23 PM

Re: Ed Reed- another illegal hit

the inconsistency of the calls is what gets me the most. During any game you can see players making hits that could be called illegal that don't get flagged. I don't know what they're going to do about it.

Same deal w/ Kiesel's celebration. He's been doing it all year, but they don't call it until we're in a game that decides the fate of our season.

TRH 12-25-2012 07:36 PM

Let me start off by saying i don't think Reed should be suspended. Or fined. These are bang-bang plays and it happens. Period.
(So Ravens fans, don't even bother.......)

My problem, like many of you others, is whats been said. How can you throw the book at one guy (and lets face it, a couple of Harrison's "illegal hits" were after runners lowered their head into his helmet....) - yet someone else - who has done the same, if not more, you give a f-ing pardon to? And fine "less" money? And this. And that.
Even if the commissioner's office didn't like some of the things Harrison said in interviews, it doesn't change the actual play on the field. At all.

There's ZERO consistency. There's really not a "rule" per say, its more of a grey area, a guessing game.
None of the fines or suspensions are fair. None are treated equally. If this was any other business in the world, attorney's would be suing for gazillions.

I don't think any of the guys should have been suspended or fined as heavily as Harrison was. But when you treat one guy one way - and the next, not only you treat differently, but you give a freakin' pardon to as well - wow.

silver & black 12-26-2012 09:09 AM

Pretty soon, all the players will be wearing Nerf uniforms, because the game will no longer require real protection. That should bring the scores up 70-80 pts. per game. I cant' wait................. it will be so exciting! :sissies:

Bayz101 12-26-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver & black (Post 1070233)
Pretty soon, all the players will be wearing Nerf uniforms, because the game will no longer require real protection. That should bring the scores up 70-80 pts. per game. I cant' wait................. it will be so exciting! :sissies:

Give the QB a flag and have the defense count to ten. :sofunny:

Ricco Suavez 12-26-2012 03:17 PM

I turned the Raven game on for my sons who were visiting (both Giant and Eli fans) and I saw the hit in real time and I thought it was helmet to helmet, and even from the side angle it looked illegal. Yet, when they slowed it down and from a slightly overhead and inline angle its clear he hit with his shoulder right below the shoulder of the WR. A bang bang play that the referee was been told to "over react to" and should not of been flagged and should not be fined, BTW both of my sons agreed.