Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Talks resume -- not that they matter to Ike (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=9534)

SteelProven 08-14-2006 09:46 PM

Talks resume -- not that they matter to Ike

http://steelers.scout.com/2/556921.html

quote of the year:

Quote:

?I don?t care who you are, or how good you are, you?re not going to bust the Steelers,? he said. ?You might be the best player with the best agent, but if the Steelers think you?re worth a certain number, they?re not going to budge. I respect that. I respect them. That?s why I want to stay here.?

Does Taylor?s agent know this?

?I told him that the first day,? Taylor said. ?He knows.?

mattss 08-14-2006 10:14 PM

Re: Talks resume -- not that they matter to Ike

what a stud..also, good to see a young player step up to his agent to let him know that he works for Ike...lets see how this works out now..

83-Steelers-43 08-14-2006 10:18 PM

As with every athlete, talk is cheap.

I'm going to wait and see how talks between Ike's agent and the Steelers FO pan out over the next year.....

Haiku_Dirtt 08-14-2006 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
As with every athlete, talk is cheap.

I'm going to wait and see how talks between Ike's agent and the Steelers FO pan out over the next year.....

Right. 'Nuff said already.

tony hipchest 08-14-2006 10:37 PM

talk is chaep but this quote is priceless (we shall see. if this comes to pass, i just hope ben and troy approach negotiations with the same attitude.):

“I told him that the first day,” Taylor said. “He knows.”

But Smith plows on. He has until Sept. 7 to negotiate for as much as he can. Once the regular season begins the negotiations will break off and both sides will wait until February to resume talks. By then, the rest of the league will know more about Taylor, the terrific one-year starter. But Taylor said it doesn’t matter what the rest of the league learns this season.

“I’ll be here,” he said Monday. “I will be here. I will be here. I’ll put a stamp on it: I’ll be here. We’ll definitely get something worked out.”

Prosdo 08-14-2006 10:38 PM

Hopefully Ike and the FO will get a contract worked out. I would love to see him stay in the Burgh.

WWIIOwheelz 08-14-2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

“I told him that the first day,” Taylor said. “He knows.”

Ike just impressed me off-the-field.

SteelShooter 08-15-2006 12:55 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................... ..............

Livinginthe past 08-15-2006 01:04 AM

None of that quote from Ike actually makes any sense in terms of him staying.

Quote:

“I don’t care who you are, or how good you are, you’re not going to bust the Steelers,” he said. “You might be the best player with the best agent, but if the Steelers think you’re worth a certain number, they’re not going to budge. I respect that. I respect them. That’s why I want to stay here.”
So he is saying that he knows that the Steelers wont budge on a valuation, yet he hasn't signed a large extension?

Sounds more like he is saying 'goodbye' but doing it nicely.

NM

Ambridge 08-15-2006 05:54 AM

Ike wants to stay in Pittsburgh............Ike wants an 8 figure signing bonus.

That equation does not compute.