Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anyone interested in Beanie Wells? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95350)

desertsteel 12-26-2012 11:19 AM

Anyone interested in Beanie Wells?

He's likely to be available...

Bayz101 12-26-2012 11:45 AM

Re: Anyone interested in Beanie Wells?

Hell yes. I may be an Ohio State homer, but he's done some damage in the NFL. In fact, his career highs likely blow Mendys out of the water.

desertsteel 12-26-2012 12:28 PM

He's big and only 24 years old. He's had some injury problems. Last year was his best year with 1047 yeards rushing at 4.3 YPC. We just might be the new start he needs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...elsewhere-2013

StainlessStill 12-26-2012 12:31 PM

I'm interested in ANYBODY that could help us win.

El-Gonzo Jackson 12-26-2012 01:07 PM

I like him better than Dwyer, but why not see if we can sign him to compete for a roster spot next season.

jjpro11 12-26-2012 01:17 PM

Seems like Duce Staley all over again. He may be able to produce for this team, but he'll probably be in street clothes most of the time.

harrison'samonster 12-26-2012 01:26 PM

I don't have anything against him, looks like he could be a pretty good fit for us.

However, as jjpro11 points out, he hasn't shown that he can stay healthy as a RB in the NFL. The most carries he's had in one season is 245 when he played in 14 games (starting 14). The year after (this year) he played in 8 games (starting 7), with only 88 carries.

With the average career length for a RB being something like 2 years, it would be a risk taking him.

ETL 12-26-2012 01:36 PM

Is Mendy really done?

Physically, I like Mendy over Beanie. If he can overcome his attitude problem, I think Mendy is the best available RB.

However, attitude problems are not to be triffled with and if that can't be overcome - its a fatal flaw.

harrison'samonster 12-26-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETL (Post 1070306)
Is Mendy really done?

Physically, I like Mendy over Beanie. If he can overcome his attitude problem, I think Mendy is the best available RB.

However, attitude problems are not to be triffled with and if that can't be overcome - its a fatal flaw.

If mendy's still going to be around with us, I'd love to see Haley find ways to get him into the passing game.

You're right, his attitude/mental health problems seem to be his biggest problem.

desertsteel 12-26-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1070300)
I don't have anything against him, looks like he could be a pretty good fit for us.

However, as jjpro11 points out, he hasn't shown that he can stay healthy as a RB in the NFL. The most carries he's had in one season is 245 when he played in 14 games (starting 14). The year after (this year) he played in 8 games (starting 7), with only 88 carries.

With the average career length for a RB being something like 2 years, it would be a risk taking him.

For reasons mentioned, he'd likely be available on the cheap. Right up our alley. He's still under contract for one more year. I'm sure AZ would take a 7R pick for him.