Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Percy Harvin (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95434)

Steelers5895 12-28-2012 04:15 PM

Percy Harvin

This guy wants out of Minnesota and i think he could be had in a Bettis type trade. A third and a 5th maybe.

The guy brings a unique dynamic to an offense.

Thought?

zshelhamer 12-28-2012 04:48 PM

Re: Percy Harvin

I don't want anyone who forces their way off their team on the Steelers. The Steelers are a team first organization and we don't need anymore distractions from players that will put themselves ahead of the team (Wallace and Mendenhall).

steeltheone 12-28-2012 04:53 PM

We can not afford any" name " player till we cut about 5 "name" players!

nj1923steelgirl 12-28-2012 05:32 PM

I dont think so......

Fire Haley 12-28-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltheone (Post 1070985)
We can not afford any" name " player till we cut about 5 "name" players!

truth

austinfrench76 12-28-2012 09:31 PM

Well, we need someone to be a playmaker! Maybe worth a look but is it even feasible financially? Wallace is gone.

Rick5895 12-29-2012 06:18 AM

Harvin is a good KR/PR. He excels on the offense because of the presence of ADRIAN PETERSEN. Last time I looked we don't have him in Pittsburgh.
Offensively this team needs a RB, and maybe a WR. Rather than spend the money on Harvin I wold rather drat a player like Denard Robinson of Michigan who translates into the type of player Josh Cribbs or Harvin is. And we could likely get him in the 4th round which would save us the dollars to keep Lewis and perhaps some of our RFA, assuming we make the necessary cuts of our veterans.

pete74 12-29-2012 06:22 AM

Harvin is awesome but a head case and that's why he won't ever be a Steeler. This guy tore it up all season until he got hurt. He did that with a piece of crap QB and with every defense knowing if the play was a pass he was getting the ball. He is a rare talent that would excel with a good QB but the Steelers won't take a chance on him because of his attitude.

desertsteel 12-29-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zshelhamer (Post 1070981)
I don't want anyone who forces their way off their team on the Steelers. The Steelers are a team first organization and we don't need anymore distractions from players that will put themselves ahead of the team (Wallace and Mendenhall).

While that sounds noble it's not reality in today's NFL. It's a business and you can't expect players to not use the leverage they have just like management does.

TRH 12-29-2012 09:07 AM

We don't pursue most players period.........let alone players like that. He's had some "selfish" issues and conflict. The chance we would pursue him is 0% (and thats on the high end)