Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers need to look at this guy: (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95515)

StevieRayVol 12-31-2012 03:34 AM

Steelers need to look at this guy:

Only one year at UT after juco career....One of the most exciting player's with the ball in his hands ever at UT:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqzag6BTqS0

lloydwoodson 01-02-2013 04:59 AM

Re: Steelers need to look at this guy:

Limas Sweed looked better. This year's draft is going to be to stock up on the defensive side of the ball. S, NT and LB all need addressing.

They should keep Wallace and keep Mendenhall if possible.

No need to waste draft picks when those guys are adequate.

The_Joker 01-02-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloydwoodson (Post 1073165)
Limas Sweed looked better. This year's draft is going to be to stock up on the defensive side of the ball. S, NT and LB all need addressing.

They should keep Wallace and keep Mendenhall if possible.

No need to waste draft picks when those guys are adequate.

Bendthenfall should NEVER be used in the same sentance with "adequate".

lloydwoodson 01-02-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1073176)
Bendthenfall should NEVER be used in the same sentance with "adequate".

Sorry. Should I change it to "beasts"?

No need to waste draft pick when those guys are BEASTS SENT FROM THE FIERY DEPTHS TO UNLEASH HELL ON THE GRIDIRON IN BIBLICAL FASHION!!!

TRH 01-02-2013 08:11 AM

Both of those guys are almost surely gone. Very little chance they return, certainly not both of them. Time to look ahead.
But i agree anyway - those defensive positions are absolutely going to be looked at first - especially considering our age & huge contracts

ZoneBlitzer 01-02-2013 08:13 AM

That kid is a brilliant open field runner. I'm not sure that there is a pressing need for another skill guy on the offense though in the early rounds.

lloydwoodson 01-02-2013 08:42 AM

Good vid though. He is an impressive talent. Saw him going in the first in some mocks. That is way too high right now.

steelfury02 01-02-2013 08:45 AM

it would be great if it were the 2008 draft:chuckle:

I have to agree with others, no doubt though - I really liked what I saw in this video - extremely, extremely athletic and physical for such an open field guy - seems he's got some serious frame along with that speed

SteelersCanada 01-02-2013 12:26 PM

He's fast and very talented in open space. He has a knack for getting open with his speed, but doesn't run crisp routes and struggles when he's being double covered. If he's able to get open, though, he's going to make the catch and take it to the house.

Who does that remind you of?

pete74 01-02-2013 12:34 PM

i was never a Mendenhall fan but our line has a lot to do with him not tearing it up on the field. Peterson is the best back in the NFL yet if anyone watched his last game were he broke 2000 yards you can see that he almost always gets past the first line untouched. i have seen teame completly shut him down as well. what i am saying is if Peterson played for the Steelers he wouldnt be doing anywere close to the damage he has done with the Vikings. our line should be much improved next season and i would like to keep Mendy and see what he can do behind an improved offensive line.
if we can also sign Wallace for somewere around the same amount we Signed Brown for then we can draft all defense unless a good TE fell to us. we have a ton of needs with Kiesel, Hampton, Troy, Clark, Harison and Taylor all leaving this season or next. we really cant afford to draft a high rb and wr.