Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lovie Smith Fired - Let's Grab Him as Defensive Coordinator (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95524)

SteelersCanada 12-31-2012 10:48 AM

Lovie Smith Fired - Let's Grab Him as Defensive Coordinator

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-chicago-bears

Lovie Smith was just let go by the Bears and I think it would be absolutely fantastic to bring him here and let him work with the talent we already have here and build the new guys we're going to be drafting. He's been a head coach for nine years, but with the recent flux of guys coming from the collegiate level and taking their shots at the NFL. I think he's going to be available to us - should we want him - for our defense.

I'd love to have Tomlin, Haley and Lovie Smith as our coaches and coordinators and this team could finally live up to it's potential on both sides of the ball. Haley can adjust his gameplan a little bit and Lovie could play an aggressive, attacking style defense that would generate turnovers.

I think we let Keith take calls from other teams to be their DC and we let LeBeau walk away from football. It's time to move on and move past these two.

NSMaster56 12-31-2012 10:53 AM

Re: Lovie Smith Fired - Let's Grab Him as Defensive Coordinator

If LeBeau decided to retire Lovie would be a great replacement, but the D is still great and if Dick wants to stick around then let him.

It's not hurting the team.

Millers the sh!t 12-31-2012 10:56 AM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We've had tons of fantastic seasons with Lebeau. Hell be back next year for a last I believe then his protege will take over.

I think lovie, will stay in the NFC North. Maybe HC in Detroit or DC in Green Bay or Minn.

Lady Steel 12-31-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1072404)
we let LeBeau walk away from football.

No. Just no. Not until he's ready. He's what? 75-76 years old. You trying to give the poor guy a heart attack?

Fire Haley 12-31-2012 11:04 AM

Fire Haley!

Hire Norv!

fansince'76 12-31-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 1072413)
Fire Haley!

Hire Norv!

This one I could actually get on board with.

Ricco Suavez 12-31-2012 11:14 AM

I would be torn to just let LeBeau go, I mean he is the coach of a top notch unit, viewed by many experts as one of the best to coach defense. On the other hand I wonder often how much longer he is planning to stay, and to top it off Butler has been loyal to the point of refusing other offers. (I wonder what the Steelers have told Butler about the job when it comes open). I have posted that I believe the biggest shortcoming of our defense if its lack of turnovers and actual scoring plays, the Bears have excelled at both in years past. Now, in defense of LeBeaus style of defense, he may feel that we do not have the people in place to play such a defense and thus by playing more conservative we are more effective. If LeBeau wants to stay I say stay, at least until he shows he has lost control of the game.

The_Joker 12-31-2012 11:25 AM

Only if Lebeau retires.

casteeler 12-31-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1072404)
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-chicago-bears

Lovie Smith was just let go by the Bears and I think it would be absolutely fantastic to bring him here and let him work with the talent we already have here and build the new guys we're going to be drafting. He's been a head coach for nine years, but with the recent flux of guys coming from the collegiate level and taking their shots at the NFL. I think he's going to be available to us - should we want him - for our defense.

I'd love to have Tomlin, Haley and Lovie Smith as our coaches and coordinators and this team could finally live up to it's potential on both sides of the ball. Haley can adjust his gameplan a little bit and Lovie could play an aggressive, attacking style defense that would generate turnovers.

I think we let Keith take calls from other teams to be their DC and we let LeBeau walk away from football. It's time to move on and move past these two.

So let me get this straight. You want to replace the only coach that did a decent job this season? This is worse than the Ben threads

SteelersCanada 12-31-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casteeler (Post 1072429)
So let me get this straight. You want to replace the only coach that did a decent job this season? This is worse than the Ben threads

If he doesn't want to come back, then absolutely. I have no faith in Butler because he hasn't done anything. I'm not saying fire LeBeau, I'm saying if he decides that he doesn't want to come back then we should let him leave and bring in Smith.

Easy, buddy. Don't get so worked up.