Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Realistic Coaching Changes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95536)

Darkstorm05 12-31-2012 01:17 PM

Realistic Coaching Changes

Let's get away from some of the nonsensical coaching talk, and look at a coaching change that could be very possible...Special Teams. Our ST players ranked first in the league for bed shitting, IMO.

Almost every good kick or punt return this year was negated by a stupid penalty...moronic shit, that half the time wasn't even near the ball carrier. We constantly allowed opposing teams to run it back on us, setting up short fields. We also repeatedly got gouged by High School playbook fake punts, fake kicks, and whatever other silly shit coaches decided to roll out on us.

I know Amos had this dropped in his lap with little warning, but does it really take that long to discipline the 3 guys who held on almost every single punt return? So, how do you feel about the ST coaching, and if you'd make a change, who would you want to get the job?

VaDave 12-31-2012 02:58 PM

Re: Realistic Coaching Changes

Bobby April, the best ST coach we ever had, is availible...

TRH 12-31-2012 03:39 PM

special teams
strength & conditioning

I agree - enough of the looney-bin and delusion talk of head coach, OC, and DC

GMU Steeler 12-31-2012 03:42 PM

Special Teams. Still don't know why the guy was fired. But his replacement just didn't cut it. If you can get April, go for it.
Strength and Conditioning: Non-sexy as it gets but let's face it. We've been crippled by injuries the past two years. And while that's no excuse, I'm convinced we're looking at a playoff game next week if we had been more healthy.
O-Line: Kugler took that job. I'd look for someone who's coached a physical line that allows few sacks and is good at creating holes. Who that maybe be? I haven't a clue.
Other than that, I think we're good.

Fire Arians 12-31-2012 03:55 PM

bob ligashesky

AgentGold007 12-31-2012 04:10 PM

Jeff Hartings for o-line coach.

steelerchad 12-31-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1072554)
bob ligashesky

why did Tomlin fire this guy? Our kick coverage was totally fixed by this guy a couple of years back. He's coaching special teams in Tampa and since Tomlin fired him, I doubt he'd come back or be wanted back.

OX1947 12-31-2012 05:06 PM

Word is AZ will look at Todd Haley. If Haley leaves, get Norv Turner. Other then that, if you can get April, even better.

defence 12-31-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OX1947 (Post 1072588)
Word is AZ will look at Todd Haley. If Haley leaves, get Norv Turner. Other then that, if you can get April, even better.

Haley to arizona!!! I can only dream!!

teegre 12-31-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OX1947 (Post 1072588)

Norv!!!