Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Steelers would have been playing today (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95649)

maddog78 01-05-2013 09:32 AM

The Steelers would have been playing today

In Houston in a few hours, had they snuck in as the 6th seed. How would everyone like their chances with no Heath, Keisel, Ike, a banged up Lewis, Wallace, Beachum, and DeCastro?

JJ Watt vs. John Malecki?

Larry Foote vs. Arian Foster?

Andre Johnson on Tez Allen?

It always sucks missing the playoffs, but I believe our season would have ended today anyway, in a not so pleasant manner.

desertsteel 01-05-2013 09:38 AM

Re: The Steelers would have been playing today

I would be happy playing the Texans. They SUCK.

maddog78 01-05-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertsteel (Post 1074179)

No playoff teams "suck", but I'd rather play them than NE or Denver because their offense is in a big slump.

I just don't see the beat up Steelers getting much on offense against them and the thin secondary would have been a huge concern.

plenewken 01-05-2013 10:01 AM

Shoulda, woulda, coulda is for losers. We're out of the playoffs, period.

Atlanta Dan 01-05-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plenewken (Post 1074185)
Shoulda, woulda, coulda is for losers. We're out of the playoffs, period.

Agreed - enormous number of injuries this year of which Ben's was the killer. The 2011 season blew up when Ben had the high ankle sprain and the 2012 season was toast after Ben sprained his shoulder while injuring his rib

It is a QB driven league and if your QB does not stay healthy you are screwed.

Combine that with the number of subpar seasons, particularly by the WRs and OLBs, as well as the Mendenhall/Wallace crap and I am glad to see this season over

FrancoLambert 01-05-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertsteel (Post 1074179)

You're so right; we're much better than them. :doh:
Check the records again. Who qualified for the playoffs?
Calling "blind homerism."

maddog78 01-05-2013 10:10 AM

This isn't a "coulda woulda shoulda" thread....I share Atlanta Dan's sentiments.

Time for Tomlin to take the backup QB role seriously. Ben can't stay healthy. Even in the 2010 Super Bowl year he was playing with a separated shoulder much of the time. The last two seasons have seen him rushed back too soon because the offense is nothing without him.

Get a Kyle Orton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Moore type as the #2 and draft a mid-round prospect as #3.

sluggermatt15 01-05-2013 10:51 AM

Steelers would probably get rolled... I hate to say that but that is my feeling. The team, as you pointed out, sustained too many injuries towards the end of the year. I'd rather have us get the #17 draft pick than get humiliated in the playoffs. Let's just move on and focus on next year. Let management decide who stays and goes. I'm already looking forward to training camp.

steelfury02 01-05-2013 11:12 AM

I wish I saw a 2008, 2010 type Steelers in the playoffs - not a 2007, 2011 type Steelers.

IF we were at Texans today - I'd say we'd crawl back to make it a close one for half o the 4th, but, too little to late IMO

I hope they let this soak for a while - this is a terrible, terrible version of the Steelers with the attiudes hence poor execution

desertsteel 01-05-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1074181)
No playoff teams "suck"

Yeah... some do

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1074192)
This isn't a "coulda woulda shoulda" thread.

Yeah... it is