Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   We could lose 4 key veterans (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95669)

The_Joker 01-06-2013 12:59 PM

We could lose 4 key veterans
 
Casey Hampton
Larry Foote
James Harrison
Max Starks

Anyone else think that if we lose 3/4 of them we could be hurt realllly bad?

I want to keep Lewis/C.Allen and such, but we need to keep our leadership. Remember what happened to us when we lost Ward and Smith?

cbrunn 01-06-2013 01:19 PM

Re: We could lose 4 key veterans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1074451)
Casey Hampton
Larry Foote
James Harrison
Max Starks

Anyone else think that if we lose 3/4 of them we could be hurt realllly bad?

I want to keep Lewis/C.Allen and such, but we need to keep our leadership. Remember what happened to us when we lost Ward and Smith?

Time to turn over a decade ... I know some of you fans are scared ... but it's time for some new fresh blood , and a new direction

fer522 01-06-2013 01:32 PM

Re: We could lose 4 key veterans
 
I think Foote and Harrison will stay both will probably restructure their deals but I wouldn't be surprised if Keisel and Hampton get cut tho

Jahodac 01-06-2013 01:54 PM

Re: We could lose 4 key veterans
 
It sucks, but they will be gone eventually anyway so we might as well cut the fat and bring in some fresh bodies. Out of the four, I would like to keep Harrison but I won't be upset if we do let him go.

The_Joker 01-06-2013 01:54 PM

Re: We could lose 4 key veterans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fer522 (Post 1074468)
I think Foote and Harrison will stay both will probably restructure their deals but I wouldn't be surprised if Keisel and Hampton get cut tho

Ok, Keisel will NOT get cut. He was our best end this year. Casey though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrunn (Post 1074462)
Time to turn over a decade ... I know some of you fans are scared ... but it's time for some new fresh blood , and a new direction

LOL! We sure adapted to losing Ward/Farrior/Smith very well. Our young'ns aren't ready yet. Yet.

cbrunn 01-06-2013 02:05 PM

Re: We could lose 4 key veterans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1074477)
LOL! We sure adapted to losing Ward/Farrior/Smith very well. Our young'ns aren't ready yet. Yet.

Yeah we did , we lost a lot of close games , with all the injuries again and 1st year OC ...

How can the young'ns ever be ready when they never get a chance to play???
you don't learn by sitting on the sideline because the "scheme" is "too confusing" ... you learn by being out there

Put the young guys out there in 2013 ... see how they play and how they learn ... might be a rough season but then you really know what positions you need going forward ... right now you don't know

still have Sly at ILB who has yet to be given a chance, Spence coming back from injury

Worilds and Carter at OLB , who were both supposed to be "draft steals" when we got them in the draft... but what do we have in them players??? who knows because they don't get enough time, granted Carter seems to always be injured

SteelersCanada 01-06-2013 02:09 PM

Re: We could lose 4 key veterans
 
We could lose all of those guys and our team could potentially improve. Gilbert showed he could be great on the right side and, if it were up to him, he'd be playing LT. If he's flashed greatness on the right side and he's self-proclaimed 'better' on the left, then what does that mean? Good news.

Foote was only made great because of Timmons' play. Hampton and Harrison were both effective for only parts of the season and can be easily replaced.

If we lose all of those guys, it's not going to hurt like you think. I disagree, though. I think our younger guys (save for ROLB - we have to draft to upgrade that) are ready and capable of taking over for these aging vets.

The_Joker 01-06-2013 02:09 PM

Re: We could lose 4 key veterans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrunn (Post 1074481)
Yeah we did , we lost a lot of close games , with all the injuries again and 1st year OC ...

How can the young'ns ever be ready when they never get a chance to play???
you don't learn by sitting on the sideline because the "scheme" is "too confusing" ... you learn by being out there

You're willing to risk a chance on a SB run on unproved noobs?

I'll stick with our usual mix of experienced leaders and raw talented young guys thank you.

cbrunn 01-06-2013 02:15 PM

Re: We could lose 4 key veterans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1074483)
You're willing to risk a chance on a SB run on unproved noobs?

I'll stick with our usual mix of experienced leaders and raw talented young guys thank you.

Not going to win a super bowl with these older guys ... their time has passed ... all your doing is delaying the future

cbrunn 01-06-2013 02:17 PM

Re: We could lose 4 key veterans
 
This was a edit on one of my posts, that you replied to before I edited it

Put the young guys out there in 2013 ... see how they play and how they learn ... might be a rough season but then you really know what positions you need going forward ... right now you don't know

still have Sly at ILB who has yet to be given a chance, Spence coming back from injury

Worilds and Carter at OLB , who were both supposed to be "draft steals" when we got them in the draft... but what do we have in them players??? who knows because they don't get enough time, granted Carter seems to always be injured


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum