Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   pittsburgh history(you guys weren't always great) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=957)

bengalsfan21 06-17-2005 07:41 PM

pittsburgh history(you guys weren't always great)

this is up until 2003

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/pitt/steelers.html

bengalsfan21 06-17-2005 07:46 PM

Re: pittsburgh history(you guys weren't always great)

as promised here is Cincinnatis

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/cincy/bengals.html

clevestinks 06-17-2005 08:24 PM

Never claimed that we were always great. No team can make that claim!

BlitzburghRockCity 06-18-2005 12:30 AM

Ya gotta start somewhere..but the difference is, we made ourselves great, while your team continuously goes nowhere fast..

RoethlisBURGHer 06-18-2005 11:03 AM

I know we weren't always great.For a long time we sucked,we were the underbelly of the NFL.

But we made ourselves great/good/excellent whatever you wanna call us (the 70's dynasty was great).In the Bungles best time,they didn't win a Super Bowl.In the Steelers best time,they won 4.

bengalsfan21 06-18-2005 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
I know we weren't always great.For a long time we sucked,we were the underbelly of the NFL.

But we made ourselves great/good/excellent whatever you wanna call us (the 70's dynasty was great).In the Bungles best time,they didn't win a Super Bowl.In the Steelers best time,they won 4.

It took you guys 40 something years to do anything great, the bengals franchise isn't even 40 years old yet. With the current coaching situation i'd like to think this is now going to be our best time.

bigbensgirl7 06-18-2005 11:35 AM

I really don't understand what point you are trying to make here! Again, not making much sense here. Not one of us has ever said we have ALWAYS been great...every team has hit a rock in the road. We're not denying that. Why put the Bengals up there though???? What was the point in that (are you saying you have a better history? what?) I am confused here. Because from my quick glance...I saw 2 SB appearances and 0 rings for you guys. Best seasons 12-4 (twice) in the past 4 years we have finished higher than that TWICE 13-3 and 15-1. I just don't get what you are saying here...I don't think you are going to get much reaction from this thread, because all you have done is state the obvious, but thanks anyways!

bengalsfan21 06-18-2005 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
I really don't understand what point you are trying to make here! Again, not making much sense here. Not one of us has ever said we have ALWAYS been great...every team has hit a rock in the road. We're not denying that. Why put the Bengals up there though???? What was the point in that (are you saying you have a better history? what?) I am confused here. Because from my quick glance...I saw 2 SB appearances and 0 rings for you guys. Best seasons 12-4 (twice) in the past 4 years we have finished higher than that TWICE 13-3 and 15-1. I just don't get what you are saying here...I don't think you are going to get much reaction from this thread, because all you have done is state the obvious, but thanks anyways!

as stated above it took your team 40 something years to do anything worth being proud of and the bengals are not even in thier 40th year. So my point was if it took you that long why is it so hard to beleive that while we approach our 40th year as a franchise we can't do anything great.

bengalsfan21 06-18-2005 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7

and just for the record if you played the 49ers of that time you wouldn't have won a ring. Montana was just amazing.

bengalsfan21 06-18-2005 12:05 PM

I just want to know why I have only had 2 steeler fans debate with me and one of them is a woman which is very rare, over on cincybengals everyone would have put thier 2 cents in only 1/4 know what they are talking about but they still would have debated.