Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Nightmare Scenario, who do you cheer for? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95865)

Fire Arians 01-13-2013 08:44 PM

Nightmare Scenario, who do you cheer for?

If it's the 49ers vs the Ravens?

Niners get their 6th ring to tie us all time? Or a whole offseason of dealing with obnoxious ravens fans and an extended ESPN circle jerk on O.J. Lewis?

BrandonCarr39 01-13-2013 08:49 PM

Re: Nightmare Scenario, who do you cheer for?

I'm a Dallas fan, but the Niners winning would make it one more SB win than them, and the Ravens beat Dallas not only in gut-wrenching fashion this year, but in sting-wrenching fashion in their TX Stadium finale in 2008.

With that being said, I'm not the world's biggest fan of Atlanta either.

Blacksburg Zach 01-13-2013 08:50 PM

I'm going to pull for the meteor if the whiners and purple browns play in the super bowl, but in all seriousness, I would reluctantly pull for the 49ers in this scenario. SF would only tie the Steelers in Lombardis if they won, which the Steelers can fix by winning it all once again, but the endless trolling from purple browns fans as well as the blowjobs ESPN would give to Ray Lewis in the Event of a purple browns victory would be much less tolerable. Sadly, a Harbaugh would win a ring either way if this super bowl match up comes to fruition.

torpedoshell31 01-13-2013 08:54 PM

As bad as a choice as this is, I would actually root for the 49ers to tie us with 6 rings than ever root for Ray-Ray and the Ravens. As you pointed out, the 6 month off season would be unbearable with Ray on the cover of SI, every commercial would show a commerative football you could buy with the Ravens logo on it and probably Ray's face. ESPN and the NFL Network would give a round the clock salute to Lewis and push hard for him to attain sainthood. Just the thought of it sickens me, so I would have no choice but to root for the 49ers, a team I also despise.

Fire Arians 01-13-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonCarr39 (Post 1076987)
I'm a Dallas fan, but the Niners winning would make it one more SB win than them, and the Ravens beat Dallas not only in gut-wrenching fashion this year, but in sting-wrenching fashion in their TX Stadium finale in 2008.

With that being said, I'm not the world's biggest fan of Atlanta either.

interesting, i thought for dallas fans it'd be a no brainer since the dallas-sf rivalry was pretty intense during the 90's especially. all the SF fans I know hate dallas with a passion and vice versa

harrison'samonster 01-13-2013 09:00 PM

if the 49ers tie us in SB wins, we'll just have to go out and get that #7. Go 9ers!

zcoop 01-13-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1076996)
if the 49ers tie us in SB wins, we'll just have to go out and get that #7. Go 9ers!

I'd also be ok with a 49er win, but the cheaters could beat them. They would destroy the ratbirds though. So, if the 49ers win so be it.

SteelersCanada 01-13-2013 09:56 PM

Please don't let the Harbaugh Bowl happen. If for whatever reason it does happen, I'll cheer for the 49ers because I like Willis and Davis. That being said, I still don't want to see them in it.

BrandonCarr39 01-13-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1076994)
interesting, i thought for dallas fans it'd be a no brainer since the dallas-sf rivalry was pretty intense during the 90's especially. all the SF fans I know hate dallas with a passion and vice versa

Yeah, it's been awhile, but the luster from that era seems to have worn off. The salary cap era may have hurt both teams over the long haul which pretty much made the rivalry disappear.

Fire Haley 01-13-2013 10:30 PM

screw all that

Go Pats!