Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Don't lynch me...I want the Ravens to win the Super Bowl (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95869)

CrabbySteelerFan 01-13-2013 09:32 PM

Don't lynch me...I want the Ravens to win the Super Bowl

I wanted them to beat Denver. I want them to beat New England and then go on to win the Super Bowl. Once the Steelers have been eliminated from the playoffs I always root for any teams that are left in our division.

Up until that point I hate the Ravens (or Bengals and Browns) as much as any of you.

Rooting for teams outside our division makes less sense to me than rooting for teams in our division. I think it's those of you that DON'T cheer for the Ravens that are being more illogical.

A strong division only makes your team look that much better.

I think some of my reasoning stems from the nineties when many of my friends who were Dallas or Giants fans would talk about the superiority of the NFC East. I also had a lot of friends that went to ACC schools and would talk about the superiority of their basketball conference.

I never admit this in public to other Steeler fans because more often than not they'll go apesh*t. I often don't even bother to tell this to Ravens fans because they usually insist I'm lying.

I acknowledge that it doesn't seem quite right to cheer for the Ravens and even I am surprised by how quickly my hatred for them completely dissolves once the Steelers have been eliminated.

But if you're questioning my allegiance to the Steelers you should know that I record every Raven game during the regular season and only watch it if they lose so I can relish every moment. It's fun to watch them score a touchdown and celebrate knowing all along they will ultimately lose.

Also, I have a Steelers piggy bank that is over 30 years old. How many of you can say that?

:tt05: :steelersflag: :tt05: :steelersflag:

SteelersCanada 01-13-2013 09:39 PM

Re: Don't lynch me...I want the Ravens to win the Super Bowl

[YOUTUBE]31g0YE61PLQ[/YOUTUBE]

Vis 01-13-2013 09:42 PM

[YOUTUBE]YKss2uYpih8[/YOUTUBE]

harrison'samonster 01-13-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrabbySteelerFan (Post 1077011)
I record every Raven game during the regular season and only watch it if they lose so I can relish every moment. It's fun to watch them score a touchdown and celebrate knowing all along they will ultimately lose.

that's hilarious! I think if our rivals are better, it not only makes us look better, but actually makes us better.

That being said, I won't be rooting for them to win the SB.

SteelersCanada 01-13-2013 09:46 PM

I think you just started a thread that is going to involve a lot of 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' videos.

Fire Arians 01-13-2013 10:02 PM

:buttkick:

PhantomJB93 01-13-2013 11:06 PM

Yeah...I get your argument but nobody is going to give the Steelers more or less credit for what they do if the Ratbirds win or lose the SB. It makes sense from a Steeler fan standpoint trying to legitimize losing to them, but nothing more. It certainly won't make me feel any better.

Fuck the Ratbirds and I hope they lose in embarrassing fashion.

And I'll just leave this here to keep the trend going:
[youtube]lITBGjNEp08[/youtube]

Stu Pidasso 01-13-2013 11:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Lady Steel 01-13-2013 11:31 PM

No.

SteelersCanada 01-13-2013 11:35 PM

I knew the Vader one was coming eventually! Man, this thread has some potential.