Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Which Former OC? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95901)

SteelCityScotty 01-15-2013 01:30 PM

Which Former OC?

This is obviously a very hypothetical situation, but if Haley were to get the head coaching job in Arizona, which of the team's former offensive coordinators who recently lost their head coaching jobs would you be most interested in bringing back? Assuming, of course, they would be willing to return.

- Chan Gailey
- Ken Whisenhunt
- Mike Mularkey

I would definitely vote for Mularkey, but I was just curious what other people had to say.

Thanks!

wwhickok 01-15-2013 01:33 PM

Re: Which Former OC?

Umm...I think I'd roll without one...but...Mularkey if I have to pick.

SteelCityScotty 01-15-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwhickok (Post 1077516)
Umm...I think I'd roll without one...but...Mularkey if I have to pick.

Haha, yeah, this is just meant to be a fun hypothetical question to get people thinking. We obviously wouldn't HAVE to bring any of these guys back if Haley leaves.

Some fans might like Haley more than any of the names listed.

I just thought it was interesting that three of the Steelers' former offensive coordinators are now looking for work after losing their head coaching jobs.

LVSteelersfan 01-15-2013 02:20 PM

Obviously the Cowher coaching tree sucks. Not too surprising.

Riddle_Of_Steel 01-15-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan (Post 1077537)
Obviously the Cowher coaching tree sucks. Not too surprising.

Whisenhunt might not be head coaching material, but he sure did run a tight ship on offense while he was here. His offensive scheme was aggressive, unpredictable, and effective.

The biggest obstacle barring him coming back, is Ben. Whiz did not give Ben much control, and it soured their relationship as a result.

I would be happy with Mularky.

SteelCityScotty 01-15-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel (Post 1077569)

I would be happy with Mularky.

I voted for Mularkey because I used to love watching his "Mularkey plays," which usually involved trickery and highlight reel worthy offense.

Of course, the Steelers also had Randle-El on the team at the time, which gave them more opportunities to utilize a WR as a surprise QB.

NSMaster56 01-15-2013 06:57 PM

Not exactly Sophie's Choice...

Whisenhunt is the best of that bunch, though that's not saying much (rhyme not intended).

VaDave 01-16-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityScotty (Post 1077529)
Haha, yeah, this is just meant to be a fun hypothetical question to get people thinking. We obviously wouldn't HAVE to bring any of these guys back if Haley leaves.

Some fans might like Haley more than any of the names listed.

I just thought it was interesting that three of the Steelers' former offensive coordinators are now looking for work after losing their head coaching jobs.

There is 4. Tom Moore who was at Philadelpha with Reid.

steeltheone 01-16-2013 10:55 AM

Chan Gailey....

Whiz not head coaching material? He took one of the worst franchise's in NFL history to a Superbowl, almost won and was close to going again. That alone makes him worthy of another job.