Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2013 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Mock (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95940)

tburhans 01-16-2013 08:08 PM

Mock

I have Mendenhall staying and Wallace going
We trade our 1st to Jacksonville for their 2nd and 3rd. The 17th pick is a value of 950 and Jacksonvilles 2nd is a value of 560 and their 3rd is a value of 260 so a total of 820 which is a fair trade for both teams

2.Matt Elam-S-Florida
2.Zach Ertz-TE-Stanford
3.Nico Johnson-ILB-Alabama
3.Aaron Dobson-WR-Marshall
4.Michael Buchanan-DE-Illinois
5.Colby Cameron-QB-Louisiana-Tech
6.Micah Hyde-CB-Iowa
7.Blaize Foltz-OG-TCU

teegre 01-17-2013 12:28 AM

Re: Mock

I like the idea of trading back... specifically with JAX (who might want to trade back into R1, for a QB). I mention this trade in the main section. Anyway...

My only regret with trading back is that Elam will undoubtedly be gone (as long as it's not to the Ravens or Taperiots, I will be "okay" with not getting him).

Now, if the Steelers could STILL get Elam in R2, then trade away!!!

And, i like Nico Johnson.

kan_t 01-17-2013 12:51 AM

I don't mind if they trade back to second round but I doubt Elam will be there. I would also be very surprise if they didn't pick any OLB in the first few rounds.

Kingmagyar 01-17-2013 06:13 AM

Trading back that far creates a real risk of a complete dissaster happening. You would have to have like twelve guys your interested in and hope one of them lasts through the first round. And trading back that far for just a third round pick? I remember Cleveland trading back into the first round for Brady Qunn and I believe they gave up a following year's number one to do it. A team would have to give up at least their round 2s this year and next plus that 3rd round pick to even consider it.

And a wise GM once said if you like a guy and you think he's going to be a pro-bowler you don't wait and hope to get him in the round he is rated for.

And I would bet the house your going to see a Running Back in this year's draft as well as an OLB prospect.

tburhans 01-17-2013 09:43 AM

I didn't say trade back just for a third round pick if you look what I wrote it's trading back for a second and third round pick. If elam is gone you could put a olb in that spot like a alex okafor or a rb like lacy

Kingmagyar 01-18-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tburhans (Post 1078174)
I didn't say trade back just for a third round pick if you look what I wrote it's trading back for a second and third round pick. If elam is gone you could put a olb in that spot like a alex okafor or a rb like lacy

No I read exactly what you said. The Steelers aren't gaining a 2nd round pick they are trading back 16 spots out of the first round and exchanging their number one pick for a 2nd round pick and what do they come out of this with for doing so? A third round pick. That's what they gain for dropping 16 spots.

If you read what I said,

The Cleveland Browns once traded a future number one just to get back into the first round. The Steelers would be imcompetent laughing stock idiots to make such a move as you suggest.

Cleveland traded its second-round selection in 2007 (36th overall) and its first-round selection in 2008 to Dallas for Dallas' first-round selection in 2007 (22nd overall) Now that deal I would take as Jacksonville more then likely will be picking top ten again next year.

More likely your scenario comes to pass by trading down a bit in the first round for that extra pick in the 3rd. If you ever make a trade out of the first round into the early 2nd you should always try and get a future pick as these teams more then likely won't turn it around and you will have a very high pick from them the following year..

tburhans 01-18-2013 12:03 PM

Steelers have never been known as draft day traders but there is a lot of depth in the draft this year so extra picks would help. Unless they are willing to trade away picks to move up for somebody they really want

Renegade.8 01-19-2013 04:06 PM

Really intrigued by Dobson WR Marshall.