Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ravens front office overtakes Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96048)

OakmontMan 01-21-2013 08:50 AM

Ravens front office overtakes Steelers

How did this happen. We used to be the team that overcame injuries by using our depth to plug in capable backups for our injured starters. We made great deep round draft selections that gave our team depth for playoff runs. Ravens have out managed us. They have made 3 afc championships despite having a poor offensive coordinator. Speaks to rest of their talent. Now with Caldwell at helm they are set for a long time. Their injuries this year were much worse than ours yet they overcame. And please don't say that Ben being out killed us. We lost with him to crap teams. For first time I am not confident we will make right moves to contend with the now dreaded birds. Bisciotti is the new class owner. He picks or keeps the best people, regardless of race. Arghhh. It pains me to admit this.

The_Joker 01-21-2013 08:52 AM

Re: Ravens front office overtakes Steelers

Your lack of faith... disturbs me.

Gnutella 01-21-2013 08:59 AM

The Ravens had a couple of shitty drafts in 2004 and 2005. The Steelers had their two shitty drafts in 2008 and 2009. That's why the Ravens have the upper hand right now.

The_Joker 01-21-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnutella (Post 1079409)
The Ravens had a couple of shitty drafts in 2004 and 2005. The Steelers had their two shitty drafts in 2008 and 2009. That's why the Ravens have the upper hand right now.

2012 was a shitty draft for us :I

wwhickok 01-21-2013 09:19 AM

Don't worry the Ravens are capable of making it to a Super Bowl once every 12 years. When Ed Reed and Ray Lewis retire everything will go downhill.

The b*tches will return to the basement

Rotorhead 01-21-2013 09:20 AM

Wow, the ravens injuries were worse, they lost a CB (so did we) and a LB (we basicslly lost 3 with James only starting to get healthy late, woodly and his hammy and spence a projected starter). Then we lost 3 on the Oline, 4 if you count DD, and our QB. I think we got the short end of the injury stick this season.

steelfury02 01-21-2013 09:41 AM

1 SB appearance and you think we're bottom of the barrel?

Just wait if the Ravens win. Jesus Christos up and down. Think they'll have the mental fortitude to defend? NOPE.

Just relax people. Tomlin is black, Biscotti is white - who effing cares? You wouldn't be saying squat if we were in the playoffs.

RELAX.

SteelersCanada 01-21-2013 09:57 AM

Can people just take a deep breath? Holy shit, I'm getting tired of the 'we suck guys! why can't we be like Baltimore!' threads. If you want us to be like the Ravens, go cheer for the Ravens. The Steelers are going to own the AFC North for years to come - let them have their one trip this decade and we'll take our multiple trips over the next 8 years.

steelfury02 01-21-2013 09:59 AM

Ditto Steelers Canada

being emotional and pissy about the caliber of execution from our favorite players is one thing - but honestly, sitting here and having a pissing contest cause the Ravens are going to the SB? C'mon - don't act like a Ravens fan.

harrison'samonster 01-21-2013 10:11 AM

I hate to say it, but this sounds like a thread that could have been started by a Ravens troll. Exact same language they use. "Oh the Steelers are history! Ravens are the class of the AFC! Ohhh, the:dramaqueen::dramaqueen::dramaqueen: drama!"