Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   A man realizing the end is near (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96051)

wwhickok 01-21-2013 11:32 AM

A man realizing the end is near

A few days ago someone created a thread asking how much time we believed Ben had left.

It got me curious; am I thr only person that thought that last night as the game continuee to deteriorate for the Patriots Tom Brady seemed rather ... emtionless, as though perhaps his heart was no longer in it? Much of last nights game could be blamed on his passing attempts. Brady is 3 years old I believe. I really think the Patriits have played in their last Super Bowl if Bellichicks tenure.

It almost seems like last night Brady realized the door on his successful career was beginning to close.

Justp94 01-21-2013 11:35 AM

Re: A man realizing the end is near

And this is in the Pittsburgh Steelers forum category why???

wwhickok 01-21-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justp94 (Post 1079488)
And this is in the Pittsburgh Steelers forum category why???

Because the same question was.posed about ben the other day. Did you read what I typed? Also...the entire site is technically Steelers so...just saying.

MACH1 01-21-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwhickok (Post 1079532)
Because the same question was.posed about ben the other day. Did you read what I typed? Also...the entire site is technically Steelers so...just saying.

Read the Laws of the Land.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=46595

Brady is not a Steeler so something like this belongs in the NFL section....just saying

wwhickok 01-21-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1 (Post 1079542)
Read the Laws of the Land.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=46595

Brady is not a Steeler so something like this belongs in the NFL section....just saying

Alright my apologies. Anyway. Now that the thread has been moved perhaps.it can get back on topic. K, thanks.

Bayz101 01-21-2013 12:59 PM

It's alright, no big deal.

Brady is 35, by the way, and his offensive line has been shady at times throughout his career. Certainly not a Peyton Manning line. Ben will be fine.

harrison'samonster 01-21-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwhickok (Post 1079484)
A few days ago someone created a thread asking how much time we believed Ben had left.

It got me curious; am I thr only person that thought that last night as the game continuee to deteriorate for the Patriots Tom Brady seemed rather ... emtionless, as though perhaps his heart was no longer in it? Much of last nights game could be blamed on his passing attempts. Brady is 3 years old I believe. I really think the Patriits have played in their last Super Bowl if Bellichicks tenure.

It almost seems like last night Brady realized the door on his successful career was beginning to close.

one thing I really admire about the Patriots is there ability to adapt from year to year. I wouldn't count them out until Brady is gone and Bilichek only has some scrub players.

NSMaster56 01-21-2013 02:09 PM

The 'realization' that OP touches on is THE prime example why Big Ben should get over his ego and not worry about modeling himself after Brady/Manning/QB X.

QB's like Brady/Manning may be media/fan darlings, put up gawdy stats and have a history of winning, but neither have won it all in some time.

TEAMS may rally to/under guys like Ray Lewis, Colin Kaepernick, T-Gonz, Russell Wilson, etc., but TEAMS win championships.

However long Big Ben has left, he needs to remember that if he wants his TEAM to get one (or more) rings.

BlaZeQuietly 01-22-2013 11:50 PM

As far as Brady's Patriots go... I think they will be fine for another 2 or 3 years. Brady was the best quarterback in football this year, that loss to baltimore was not a good game for him, the wind was an issue to, but overall he just didn't have a good game, and baltimore did. I think Brady has been protected well enough to play well until he is 38-39 kind of like Farve.

BleedPurple 01-23-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwhickok (Post 1079484)

He's big for a three year-old.