Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2013 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   My Steelers 2013 Mock Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96057)

Justp94 01-21-2013 01:23 PM

My Steelers 2013 Mock Draft

*=Depending on who's available at the time.
My Steelers 2013 Mock Draft 1.0 (less realistic, but would be ideal for the Steelers)
1st. WR Cordarrelle Patterson or OLB Ezekiel Ansah*
2nd. TE Tyler Eifert or SS Matt Elam*
3rd. RB Montee Ball or ILB Jon Bostic*
4th. FS D.J. Swearinger
5th. OG Omoregie Uzzi
6th. DT Montori Hughes
7th. QB Collin Klein

The Steelers need a lot to be a complete team again.
Our offense has never really been explosive or anything close for years now and that's why I have 3 offensive players being picked in the first 3 rounds, however I also have alternatives for a couple choices of mine that would better our defense.

1st Round: I think that both Patterson and Ansah would be great 1st round choices, I'd be happy with either one of them. We need more of an explosive offense so I think Patterson could bring that to the table, he's like Mike Wallace without the Bullshit.

2nd Round: I highly doubt Eifert will drop to the Steelers in the second round but a man can dream right? With Miller coming off that injury and the Steelers back up tight ends not being anything special, bringing in a young and talented TE to learn under Miller would be a great idea. Plus, when Miller returns and is 100% healthy we'd have a great Tight end duo for at least a few more years to come! Most likely though we'd end up getting Elam though and that would be great as he'd learn from two of the best safeties in the league.

3rd Round: Montee Ball would be a great signee and would have many great years here in Pittsburgh, he reminds me of a more talented Mendenhall without the Bullshit. *This is only if the Steelers don't Re-Sign Mendenhall*
As for Bostic, we need depth at Inside Linebacker and he's way better than Sean Spence.

4th Round: Swearinger is a beast and would fit right in with this Steelers defense, especially when he'll be learning from two of the best safeties in the league in Clark & Polamalu. If we're lucky to get both Elam & Swearinger, then they'll be the two future starting safeties when Polamalu & Clark can't perform anymore.

5th Round: We need depth at Guard and with Colon Possibly being cut this offseason we'll need someone to either take his place, or learn behind Foster (if we keep him).

6th Round: Even though he's had issues with effort and character issues in the past, his ability to take on double teams and still emerge the victor, is worth giving him a shot. He's a perfect fit for our 3-4 defensive scheme and should help free up linebackers from blocks since he's likely to be double teamed a lot.

7th Round: Klein is an upgrade to Batch & Leftwich combined and he's big like Roethlisberger as well. (Not much analysis, just that we need a better back up than what we have and Klein should do the Job).

Opinions?

Justp94 01-22-2013 10:04 AM

My Steelers 2013 Mock Draft 2.0

My Steelers 2013 Mock Draft 2.0
1st. OLB/DE Ezekiel Ansah
2nd. WR Da'Rick Rogers
3rd. RB Montee Ball* or ILB Jon Bostic
4th. FS D.J. Swearinger
5th. OG Omoregie Uzzi
6th. RB Theo Riddick or DT Montori Hughes
7th. QB Collin Klein

*Only if the Steelers don't re-sign Mendenhall

The Steelers need a lot to be a complete team again.
Our offense has never really been explosive or anything close for years now and that's why I have 2 offensive players being picked in the first 3 rounds.

1st Round: Ansah is starting to get more recognition in the media now and it's probably going to increase his value, everyone is comparing him to Jason Pierre-Paul and rightfully so as he's big and strong, and has the speed to be an elite pass rusher. The Steelers NEED a guy like this to compliment Woodley's Bull rush style of Pass rushing. He'd be an excellent choice in the first round.

2nd Round: I just thought about my first Mock draft and realized there's no way in hell Elam or Eifert would be available in the 2nd round still. So I thought since Cordaralle Patterson would probably be taken before pick 17 that this is where WR would come in. Rogers has an exciting combination of size, strength and explosiveness. Rogers played in all 11 games for Tennessee Tech in 2012, and lead the team with 61 catches for 893 yards and 10 touchdowns. No one else on the roster had more than 28 receptions, and Rogers put up his staggering numbers despite every opponent game-planning to contain him.
NFL Comparison: Julio Jones

3rd Round: Montee Ball would be a great signee and would have many great years here in Pittsburgh, he reminds me of a more talented Mendenhall without the Bullshit. *This is only if the Steelers don't Re-Sign Mendenhall*
As for Bostic, we need to draft an Inside Linebacker whether it be for depth or to compete for the starting job because I'm not sure if Sean Spence is ready for the job.

4th Round: Swearinger is a beast and would fit right in with this Steelers defense, especially when he'll be learning from two of the best safeties in the league in Clark & Polamalu.

5th Round: We need depth at Guard and with Colon Possibly being cut this offseason we'll need someone to either take his place, or learn behind Foster (if we keep him).

6th Round: He isn't the biggest back in the world, but he's a guy who can catch the ball out of the backfield and return kicks. Riddick isn't going to be a workhorse, but he could be a nice third-down option for an NFL team. That team could be the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Even though Hughes has had issues with effort and character issues in the past, his ability to take on double teams and still emerge the victor, is worth giving him a shot. He's a perfect fit for our 3-4 defensive scheme and should help free up linebackers from blocks since he's likely to be double teamed a lot.

7th Round: Klein is an upgrade to Batch & Leftwich combined and he's big like Roethlisberger as well. (Not much analysis, just that we need a better back up than what we have and Klein should do the Job).

Opinions?

SteelersCanada 01-22-2013 11:13 AM

Re: My Steelers 2013 Mock Draft

I'll get more into it once I'm done this stupid PoliSci essay, but the first one isn't bad. The second one is pretty good too, but there's a couple questionable picks in a couple places. For example, Swearinger is a second rounder and there's no way he drops to the fourth.

All in all, they're pretty good. Again, I'll get more into it at some point later today.

Justp94 01-23-2013 12:32 AM

Re: My Steelers 2013 Mock Draft

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1079987)
I'll get more into it once I'm done this stupid PoliSci essay, but the first one isn't bad. The second one is pretty good too, but there's a couple questionable picks in a couple places. For example, Swearinger is a second rounder and there's no way he drops to the fourth.

All in all, they're pretty good. Again, I'll get more into it at some point later today.

I used NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com or http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2013/FS to help me make my choices. As for talent Swearing is a possible 2nd round pick, however it comes down to Team needs too, that's why I suspect he could drop down to the 3rd or 4th round. There's also more than a few safeties expected to be drafted higher than him and hopefully he drops to at least the 3rd. I like our chances of getting him though.

P.S. I just checked multiple sites for 2013 NFL Top Draft Prospects, and the only one that has Swearinger going early in the draft is NFL.com and they're a bunch of idiots especially after seeing their Mock Drafts.