Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Argument with Green Bay fans (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96077)

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 01-22-2013 12:00 AM

Argument with Green Bay fans

As y'all probably know Green Bay has won 13 titles winning 9 of them before the super bowl even exited but do they really count in this era of football?

Cause back then there were like only 10 teams and they was no playoff format to win the championship all you had to do is get the most wins(if im not wrong) and since the Super Bowl era we have dominated and they have only won 4 so does this make us better are does Green Bay still have the bragging rights?

Lady Steel 01-22-2013 12:10 AM

Re: Argument with Green Bay fans

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW (Post 1079846)
As y'all probably know Green Bay has won 13 tittles

Hehehe. You said tittles. :chuckle:

The Pittsburgh Steelers are better than everyone. We rule as we have the most Lombardi Trophies. :tt:

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 01-22-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Steel (Post 1079852)
Hehehe. You said tittles. :chuckle:

The Pittsburgh Steelers are better than everyone. We rule as we have the most Lombardi Trophies. :tt:

blame the spell check lol

PhantomJB93 01-22-2013 01:26 AM

IDK, it's the same thing as Pitt fans who say they have 9 national championships (when 8 came when a NC wasn't hard to come by) or Maple Leafs fans who claim 13 Stanley Cups (all came in the original six era when there were very few teams before the NHL expansion).

Basically, outside of baseball, professional and collegiate sports (football, basketball, hockey) didn't really become popular (I don't just mean fans, I mean athletes who chose to play the sport) until the 60's, and anything that happened before then doesn't really count IMO. Again, the obvious exception is baseball, which has always been popular.

harrison'samonster 01-22-2013 08:34 AM

I personally don't give them much credit, but I do acknowledge that they won them. Honestly, before too long ppl are going to start discrediting our 70's SB victories saying how much the game has changed.

On second thought I'd give them credit but still claim superiority.

tittles. heeeehe

TRH 01-22-2013 09:01 AM

tell them to go argue with Cleveland fans....

GMU Steeler 01-22-2013 12:41 PM

Maybe it's not the same but I'd point out that no one counts championships from before the world series in baseball. Of course, the flip side is professional football was around for a lot longer than professional baseball was before the Super Bowl was established. I give them their due but at the same time/

i82much 01-22-2013 12:58 PM

This is one of those questions where people are going to take the side that suits their biases. As a Baltimore guy, I'm not letting anybody tell me the Unitas championships in '58 and '59 didn't count. If I were a Steelers fan, I'd have two words for everyone - "Super Bowls." That's just how it goes.

Kanata-Steeler 01-22-2013 01:23 PM

There is NO arguemwnt with a GB fan, because they BEAT us in a Superbowl that BEN and our Offense "should have" won ?, get it?
aka, subject of thread makes no sense, unless we're taking about if they prefer tea with their crumpets'?
Oh wait, YES, before the NFL became a "single" greedy "corporation" GB was the best Football team in AMERICA -hands down.

It's called history books, read about "Lombardi"

GMU Steeler 01-22-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i82much (Post 1080043)
This is one of those questions where people are going to take the side that suits their biases. As a Baltimore guy, I'm not letting anybody tell me the Unitas championships in '58 and '59 didn't count. If I were a Steelers fan, I'd have two words for everyone - "Super Bowls." That's just how it goes.

Yeah biases play a role. Honestly, I think ultimately it's something you can't objectively measure. Hell, I think the Steelers having the best record since the merger is just as impressive if not in some way more impressive than the six Lombardis.