Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bronco's loss to Baltimore (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96130)

BlaZeQuietly 01-22-2013 11:43 PM

Bronco's loss to Baltimore

Thinking back, Why the hell didnt the Broncos try running a play or 2 with 31 seconds left and a tied game in the fourth quarter? Peyton Manning is their quarter back for christ sake. They go into over time, lose the coin toss, and give the AFC to the Ravens? What kind of crap is that. Been meaning to get that off my chest. I'm pretty sure they had 2-3 time outs left. 31 seconds, 2 time outs and peyton manning is plenty of time to kick a game winning field goal. Bad coaching decision. If I remember correctly they didnt exactly have horrible field position either, why take a knee and assume overtime is going to treat you nicely??? I guess this is a Rhetorical question I lost 30 dollars on that game though so it still burns my ass.

Fire Arians 01-23-2013 12:04 AM

Re: Bronco's loss to Baltimore

i thought the same thing, they were playing overly conservative, which was mind boggling. you got peyton freakin' manning let him win the game, he's bar none their best player (although he sometimes shits the bed in the playoffs), you can't play scared and expect to win championships. fortune favors the bold

BlaZeQuietly 01-23-2013 12:39 AM

I was watching the game with my friend who is a Broncos fan, he started screaming and throwing shit as soon as they took a knee. I was equally as upset as I had 30 dollars riding on it. (it was a double or nothing deal, I bet 15 on the colts the week before)

lloydwoodson 01-23-2013 12:52 AM

Yeah the Broncos play-calling is really conservative I agree. Peyton audibles a ton at the line. A lot of run plays Peyton audibled into at the line. Broncos were definitely playing not to lose.

Really they should not have lost- Rahim Moore cost the team the game and admitted as much. Feel for the guy.

Blacksburg Zach 01-23-2013 08:03 AM

I didn't think the conservative approach was a bad idea. One would think an NFL defense, much less a so-called top-five NFL defense would be able to prevent the opposing offense from scoring a touchdown with 70 yards to go and 30 seconds left with no remaining timeouts.

WVABE 01-23-2013 08:29 AM

That was pretty stupid, a couple quick passes to get in FG range was quite possible (Falcons-Seahawks).

That had Vegas written all over it.

harrison'samonster 01-23-2013 08:35 AM

I have no problem going conservative. If it were up to me though in the playoffs I'd try to make something happen.

Then you'd have to say, how many times have we seen somebody try to force the ball (and the Ravens were playing great defense that game) just to throw the game away on a pick.

BlaZeQuietly 01-23-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 (Post 1080300)
I didn't think the conservative approach was a bad idea. One would think an NFL defense, much less a so-called top-five NFL defense would be able to prevent the opposing offense from scoring a touchdown with 70 yards to go and 30 seconds left with no remaining timeouts.

Yeah kind of like our #1 ranked defense stopped the Tebow lead Denver from scoring in OT in the playoffs last year right?::thumbsup:

harrison'samonster 01-23-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 1080324)
Yeah kind of like our #1 ranked defense stopped the Tebow lead Denver from scoring in OT in the playoffs last year right?::thumbsup:

all joking aside, yes. You expect your defense to be able to hold their offense with just over a minute to go. If it weren't for one really blown coverage, they would have. Hard to fault the coach for that one player finding the worst possible moment to make his worst play of the season.

BleedPurple 01-23-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVABE (Post 1080307)
That was pretty stupid, a couple quick passes to get in FG range was quite possible (Falcons-Seahawks).

That had Vegas written all over it.

I believe most of the money came in on Ravens to cover, so I don't think this is what Vegas wanted.