Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Flacco to be looking for $20M !! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96133)

TRH 01-23-2013 09:02 AM

Flacco to be looking for $20M !!

Flacco's contract is up and......
As reported by John Clayton on ESPN yesterday "Bad news for Baltimore fans.....Joe Flacco is looking for a deal in the $20 million dollar a year range minimum - very possibly MORE than that.."
His agent will be taking "the more than that" part to the team after beating a host of other elite QB's in this years playoff games.
There goes a big drain on your cap, Baltimore. Get ready - it's coming. Welcome to the party.

harrison'samonster 01-23-2013 09:10 AM

Re: Flacco to be looking for $20M !!

OK, he's been really impressive in these playoffs, and the Ravens wouldn't be there without him, but $20 million a year, if I were the Ravens I'd let him walk. He'll kill that team.

BlaZeQuietly 01-23-2013 12:20 PM

HA!

GMU Steeler 01-23-2013 12:31 PM

I've probably underestimated Flacco in the past but he's not worth that much. He just isn't.

BleedPurple 01-23-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMU Steeler (Post 1080336)
I've probably underestimated Flacco in the past but he's not worth that much. He just isn't.

Agreed. And based on the history, I don't think the Ravens will pay him that much. In the past they have only been willing to pay what a player is worth (Jets maybe should take note).

Most likely if they can't get a deal, they will franchise him next year, and with Ray, Ed, Kruger, Boldin, and others most likely being gone next season, we will be able to sign him for a reasonable price after what I am expecting to be a letdown season next year.

The_Joker 01-24-2013 06:06 AM

In my opinion, the best NFL QB's go in this order *as of now*

Rodgers
P. Manning
Brady
Roethlisberger
Brees
E. Manning
Flacco
---------
RG3 (He's a badass ok?)

Notice how the players above Flaccid Dick don't make that money?

TRH 01-24-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1080496)

Rodgers
P. Manning
Brady
Roethlisberger
Brees
E. Manning
Flacco
---------
RG3 (He's a badass ok?)

Well, the one thing is that every year, salaries go up a bit. In the last few (especially for franchise QB's), the cost has gone up DRAMATICALLY.

Be very - very glad that Ben signed his deal a few years back. If his contract was up this year like Flacco's - we'd be in for a serious hurtin' - because Ben's market value is actually much more than his current big contract is.

BleedPurple 01-24-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1080496)

Rodgers
P. Manning
Brady
Roethlisberger
Brees
E. Manning
Flacco
---------
RG3 (He's a badass ok?)

I don't necessarily disagree with your list entirely, but if we are going off of value as of today and not based on their career, then I would have to put P. Manning and Big Ben below Flacco. They are old and banged up.

Also, in that list, who is in a contract year? Flacco. Also, of that list, who is still playing the 2012 season? Just Flacco.

I am predicting we will see somewhere in the area of 6 yrs $80M.

Fire Arians 01-24-2013 12:19 PM

i hope they pay the man

SteelersCanada 01-24-2013 12:25 PM

Flacco hasn't won a Super Bowl, can't consistently beat the Steelers despite having a third string Quarterback in and his signature play is throw-and-pray-there's-a-flag but is demanding 20 million a year? Is this guy kidding?

Rice means more to that offense than Flacco does.