Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   No chance Ike gets cut (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96147)

LayingTheWoodley56 01-24-2013 06:38 AM

No chance Ike gets cut

I saw just now in another post someone talking about the possibility of cutting Ike loose.

In my opinion this is highly unlikely and would be a boneheaded decision on the part of the FO (not that there's any evidence that their thinking that way). Ike has been a reliable #1 for several years now and he played well through the middle part of this season before his injury.

Furthermore, with the uncertainty surrounding Lewis and his resigning, there is now way we cut Ike and face the possibility of Cortez Allen as our #1 (though he did play well towards the end of the season, particularly forcing turnovers, I would't be comfortable just yet putting him on the AJ Greens and Andre Johnsons of the world, with Curtis Brown and God knows who else behind him).

VaDave 01-24-2013 07:13 AM

Re: No chance Ike gets cut

Taylor is going nowhere. Lewis will get a FA offer, and we will try to resign him unless he was offered stupid money. If that happens, say la V.

Cortez is going to be our next Taylor, and is just getting enough playing time to show what he can do. He needs to a little work on run support, but he's got all of the tools.

teegre 01-24-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaDave (Post 1080498)
Taylor is going nowhere. Lewis will get a FA offer, and we will try to resign him unless he was offered stupid money. If that happens, say la V.

Cortez is going to be our next Taylor, and is just getting enough playing time to show what he can do. He needs to a little work on run support, but he's got all of the tools.

So... in two years, Allen is at one CB spot. Who plays the other spot?

VaDave 01-24-2013 07:44 AM

Good question. Hopefully, besides Lewis, he's not on the squad. I'd would hate to trot out the following, like Brown, or Victorian uless they actually get good.

maddog78 01-24-2013 08:52 AM

If it came down to him or Lewis, I take the 26-year old cheaper CB, who may be a better player.

pete74 01-24-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1080523)
If it came down to him or Lewis, I take the 26-year old cheaper CB, who may be a better player.

I agree. If given the choice of Lewis or Taylor I'm takin Lewis . Taylor has 2years then he is gone anyway

wootawnee 01-24-2013 10:31 AM

We need to start picking off passes....Maybe we need a new D-back coach? Just wondering.... Who is our d-back coach anyway?......

harrison'samonster 01-24-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wootawnee (Post 1080547)
We need to start picking off passes....Maybe we need a new D-back coach? Just wondering.... Who is our d-back coach anyway?......

Carnell Lake, and he's doing a great job

wootawnee 01-24-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1080549)
Carnell Lake, and he's doing a great job

I would let him coach my team as long as he wants..............We just need to become the receiver when that ball is in the air.......It seems like mostly what we do is bat at the balls.....

maddog78 01-24-2013 11:27 AM

It's not Carnell's fault they don't get INTs. Ask the man who tells his players to "tackle the catch". Last guy I saw jump a route and pick one was Crezdon Butler in a preseason game. Took it to the house.

He was cut the next week.