Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mr. Rooney, Call the Jets owner, he wants to trade Revis (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96148)

wootawnee 01-24-2013 07:28 AM

Mr. Rooney, Call the Jets owner, he wants to trade Revis

Corner upgrade.....Revis is 28.... One year on his contract.....Play good on your new knee, get a killer new contract.......Send them a back....They need one.....Maybe a reciever, they need one of those too......

pete74 01-24-2013 07:30 AM

Re: Mr. Rooney, Call the Jets owner, he wants to trade Revis

We can't afford Lewis so there's no way we could afford Revis. He is the best but you can'twin spending that much money on one corner. Revis only has a year left on his contract then will want a huge contract

VaDave 01-24-2013 07:42 AM

At least a $6mill cap hit. No Chance.

steelfury02 01-24-2013 07:50 AM

offer him 4 to play on a better team - only way it would work

EbonySteel86 01-24-2013 07:54 AM

Would love to have a guy like Revis to try and hang with Batlimore fire power. Flacco and company don't look like there gonna get worst any time soon.

Steelerindc 01-24-2013 08:00 AM

if you trim the fat such as Casey Hampton, Larry Foote, and a couple of others we already know we're going to cut and offer them a back and future picks I think it can be done.

To pay Lewis anywhere near 7 mill would be retarded and I think giving him 4mil would be generous. At least with Revis you know what your getting, the best damn CB in the business.

You also can negotiate with them about him coming off of near surgery and shit like that. Say stuff like can he still do it the way he did it before? Negotiating tactics.

Millers the sh!t 01-24-2013 08:20 AM

What about Cortez Allen? What's wrong with him ? Him and Taylor should be fine

desertsteel 01-24-2013 08:25 AM

If you're GM, would you cut JH and Troy and let Lewis go in order to sign Revis? If we did those things we could sign him to an extension. Would we be better? Is there a chance that Revis has lost something with the knee injury? If you're the GM and had the chance, what would you do?

I'm hesitant to let Troy go. I think he rehabs and trains differently this offseason and comes back strong for 3 more years.

Millers the sh!t 01-24-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelerindc (Post 1080510)
if you trim the fat such as Casey Hampton, Larry Foote, and a couple of others we already know we're going to cut and offer them a back and future picks I think it can be done.

To pay Lewis anywhere near 7 mill would be retarded and I think giving him 4mil would be generous. At least with Revis you know what your getting, the best damn CB in the business.

You also can negotiate with them about him coming off of near surgery and shit like that. Say stuff like can he still do it the way he did it before? Negotiating tactics.

Trimming all that fat off will still leave us above the cap.. even if we cut Ben troy and #92... Wed still be above.... We are in trouble for the next few years.

Steelerindc 01-24-2013 08:32 AM

JH has shown that he can't stay healthy for a whole year and for that matter so has Woodley, now I'm not saying get rid of Woodley but he needs to stay healthy. The team should get him a personal chef to watch his diet.

But this team has some real hard decisions to make before and after the draft. Revis is worth the effort. I like Lewis and Allen but Revis is proven in this league and I would rather pay him a ton of money than pay someone I THINK can get the job done.

Remember McFadden?

Troy also has to stay healthy but I've seen a decline in his game as well and I'm wondering how Labeau is going to use him going forward.