Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anyone worth Trading? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96158)

Steelers5895 01-25-2013 08:23 AM

Anyone worth Trading?

I am wondering with the current roster situation, to include aging veterans on defense, do you think any of our players are trade worthy and would be on the block for draft picks?

Ike?
Harrison?
Woodley?
Troy?
Keisel?
Hood?
Heyward?

I know with the NFL its hard with cap hits etc but do you think rather than cuts we can get picks?

harrison'samonster 01-25-2013 08:28 AM

Re: Anyone worth Trading?

good question.

Troy- value to the team (if he's healthy) is too high to trade in my opinion
Harrison- age plus his contract makes him hard to trade
Woodley- performance plus his contract makes him hard to trade.

If we trade Hood or Heyward we'd have to find a replacement for them soon, but neither is irreplaceable

SteelersCanada 01-25-2013 09:28 AM

I guarantee that we could find a trade partner if we made Troy available, but Dick wouldn't have his one guy to build an entire scheme around so he's not going anywhere, sadly.

desertsteel 01-25-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1080729)
I guarantee that we could find a trade partner if we made Troy available, but Dick wouldn't have his one guy to build an entire scheme around so he's not going anywhere, sadly.

You don't care much for Dick do you? Maybe if he read you Twas the Night Before Christmas and gave you milk and cookies you'd like him more :rofl:

SteelersCanada 01-25-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertsteel (Post 1080731)
You don't care much for Dick do you? Maybe if he read you Twas the Night Before Christmas and gave you milk and cookies you'd like him more :rofl:

Oh I love Dick (:wink02:) but I don't like his ideology anymore and I think his scheme is outdated. That's for another topic, though.

I'd trade Troy in a heartbeat.

desertsteel 01-25-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1080732)
Oh I love Dick (:wink02:) but I don't like his ideology anymore and I think his scheme is outdated. That's for another topic, though.

I'd trade Troy in a heartbeat.

What do you think you'd realistically get for him? Some 5th rounder that won't even make the team...

SteelersCanada 01-25-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertsteel (Post 1080739)
What do you think you'd realistically get for him? Some 5th rounder that won't even make the team...

If the Raiders were willing to give up a first and second round pick for Carson Palmer, we could honestly probably garner a second round pick from a team that doesn't know any better. Never underestimate the stupidity of GMs in the NFL.

Steeldude 01-25-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelers5895 (Post 1080722)
I am wondering with the current roster situation, to include aging veterans on defense, do you think any of our players are trade worthy and would be on the block for draft picks?

Ike?
Harrison?
Woodley?
Troy?
Keisel?
Hood?
Heyward?

I know with the NFL its hard with cap hits etc but do you think rather than cuts we can get picks?

I doubt that a trade would ever happen, but I would like to see Woodley or Colon traded

SteelersCanada 01-25-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeldude (Post 1080744)
I doubt that a trade would ever happen, but I would like to see Woodley or Colon traded

Prior to Woodley's hamstring injury he was number one in sacks in 8 games. So, let's not jump off the cliff with him yet please. He's going to go work out with Ike and Tom Shaw and get back into the proper shape. Asking him to be traded when we've seen his potential and the fact that he's young is insane.

Give him this year to get back into proper shape and get back to his 2011 form.

fer522 01-25-2013 01:13 PM

We cant trade Woodley, If the steelers cut Hampton and Woodley doesn't lose any weight he could be playing NT next year