Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My Ravens rant (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96254)

The_Joker 01-30-2013 04:15 PM

My Ravens rant
 
I just posted this on Facebook so all of DC can see it...







I am TIRED of Ray Lewis and his act.

I am TIRED of the Ravens bandwagon.

Ray Lewis is a great player and lead, but his whole thing is just an act. He tries to hide what happened in 2000 behind his Super Bowl ring and "Jebus knows what happened so I don't have to say anything." No one knows what happened, but somehow or way he is guilty of something, and he won't fess up. At least Ben Roethlisberger has manned up for over his stupid acts. Ray Lewis can hide behind his Super Bowl ring(s) when it's all said and done, but his fake christian persona is just a scam he's put on since his name was tainted.

And the bandwagon. The Ravens are a great franchise, I can't deny that, but like all other bandwagons before them (Pats, Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Tebow) it will be forgotten in a year or so. Their team pales in comparison to the Steelers, Patriots or Colts. They won't even win their division next year I bet, and 95% of defending champs/conference champs fail the following year. I spit on them in Black and Yellow.

Football rant over.

BleedPurple 01-30-2013 04:29 PM

Re: My Ravens rant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1081625)
I just posted this on Facebook so all of DC can see it...







I am TIRED of Ray Lewis and his act.

I am TIRED of the Ravens bandwagon.

Ray Lewis is a great player and lead, but his whole thing is just an act. He tries to hide what happened in 2000 behind his Super Bowl ring and "Jebus knows what happened so I don't have to say anything." No one knows what happened, but somehow or way he is guilty of something, and he won't fess up. At least Ben Roethlisberger has manned up for over his stupid acts. Ray Lewis can hide behind his Super Bowl ring(s) when it's all said and done, but his fake christian persona is just a scam he's put on since his name was tainted.

And the bandwagon. The Ravens are a great franchise, I can't deny that, but like all other bandwagons before them (Pats, Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Tebow) it will be forgotten in a year or so. Their team pales in comparison to the Steelers, Patriots or Colts. They won't even win their division next year I bet, and 95% of defending champs/conference champs fail the following year. I spit on them in Black and Yellow.

Football rant over.

Sounds like sour grapes, man. as I have said in several threads already, only someone who doesn't know Ray and does not see how he lives his life every day would call Ray's faith and leadership an act. No one can know a man's heart, but it's pretty obvious that Ray is for real.

Buddha Bus 01-30-2013 04:37 PM

Re: My Ravens rant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedPurple (Post 1081629)
Sounds like sour grapes, man. as I have said in several threads already, only someone who doesn't know Ray and does not see how he lives his life every day would call Ray's faith and leadership an act. No one can know a man's heart, but it's pretty obvious that Ray is for real.

Real or fake, it's still pretty fucking annoying. :shake02:

GMU Steeler 01-30-2013 04:46 PM

Re: My Ravens rant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1081630)
Real or fake, it's still pretty fucking annoying. :shake02:

Yep. Seriously I can appreciate Lewis's status as an all time great linebacker but I can also be tired by his act. I always laugh when I play the latest Madden because RL's there saying he's always been told that he's too small. I laugh because he hasn't been told that since the late 90's. We all know and realize Ray is one of the best not just of his era but ever. I mean I admit it. I would like him if he wee a Steeler, the same way I bet many Ravens fans would have loved to had Hines Ward. I'm still glad honestly that the Ravens beat the Patriots but I still don't like them. And why should I? Its not like there's any love lost on the other side either.

JeromeBetties63 01-30-2013 06:10 PM

Re: My Ravens rant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedPurple (Post 1081629)
Sounds like sour grapes, man. as I have said in several threads already, only someone who doesn't know Ray and does not see how he lives his life every day would call Ray's faith and leadership an act. No one can know a man's heart, but it's pretty obvious that Ray is for real.

I would think someone who truly repented would want to humble himself before the families of the dead men.

stb_steeler 01-30-2013 06:21 PM

Re: My Ravens rant
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6FZ-WSVcW4

harrison'samonster 01-30-2013 06:30 PM

Re: My Ravens rant
 
he going to ascend into heaven. that's pretty funny. Same guy did one of Harrison on SNL too, wasn't quite as funny, but still.

stb_steeler 01-30-2013 06:37 PM

Re: My Ravens rant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1081664)
he going to ascend into heaven. that's pretty funny. Same guy did one of Harrison on SNL too, wasn't quite as funny, but still.

i missed that one!

GMU Steeler 01-30-2013 06:55 PM

Re: My Ravens rant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1081664)
he going to ascend into heaven. that's pretty funny. Same guy did one of Harrison on SNL too, wasn't quite as funny, but still.

Kenan Thompson. Us 90's kids know him from 1990's Nickeldeon and kids movies.

mikegrimey 01-30-2013 07:48 PM

Re: My Ravens rant
 
In my experience most "holy men" be they prophets, preachers, priests, priestesses, witchdoctors, shahs, shamans or what have you, are professional liars so it's not shocking or surprising to me that Ray Lewis, a professional football player but part time professional liar? Would indulge in such buffoonery


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum