Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Power Outage...Really? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96347)

AndyWitmyer 02-03-2013 09:34 PM

Power Outage...Really?

Deja vu. So, again...we have a suspicious blackout during, this time...THE most important game of the year...and the 2nd in as many years that this has happened...both times involved the 49ers! hatever you think of Baltimore, as a Steelers fan...this has to seem a little too familiar. I mean seriously, at this point, I gotta ask: if not Goodell, the SF organization ought to be investigated. Regardless, the odds of the SB going into OT and/or being decided by a margin of 3 pts or less appear to far better than you'd assume, given that the Raven's lead was essentially insurmountable, prior to the outage.

I fully predict that the 49s will win by 2 points in the biggest SB upset in sometime, I dunno - maybe ever?

Check the stats from both teams pre-outage...and then post-outage. The degree to which the momentum changed is striking...and I would say, nearly astronomically unlikely. This should be seriously investigated.

AndyWitmyer 02-03-2013 09:37 PM

Re: Power Outage...Really?

Goodell probably said, "Well, look at how bady the Steelers stalled out after a lengthy blackout. Hmm.Baltimore isn't supposed to have a blowout. Hmm. Have someone cut the power. Oh, and fine Harrison $50,000 for that flag involving Baltimore running into that kicker."

White_Steel_Wolfe 02-03-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer (Post 1082451)
Deja vu. So, again...we have a suspicious blackout during, this time...THE most important game of the year...and the 2nd in as many years that this has happened...both times involved the 49ers! hatever you think of Baltimore, as a Steelers fan...this has to seem a little too familiar. I mean seriously, at this point, I gotta ask: if not Goodell, the SF organization ought to be investigated. Regardless, the odds of the SB going into OT and/or being decided by a margin of 3 pts or less appear to far better than you'd assume, given that the Raven's lead was essentially insurmountable, prior to the outage.

I fully predict that the 49s will win by 2 points in the biggest SB upset in sometime, I dunno - maybe ever?

Check the stats from both teams pre-outage...and then post-outage. The degree to which the momentum changed is striking...and I would say, nearly astronomically unlikely. This should be seriously investigated.

I agree with a lot of that. Seems way too coincidental to be just a trip up. If the power never shifted Baltimore would of won in a beatdown.

JeromeBetties63 02-03-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_Steel_Wolfe (Post 1082524)
I agree with a lot of that. Seems way too coincidental to be just a trip up. If the power never shifted Baltimore would of won in a beatdown.

I don't think you are a Steeler fan....weird.

White_Steel_Wolfe 02-03-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 (Post 1082526)
I don't think you are a Steeler fan....weird.

Haha :noidea:

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

harrison'samonster 02-03-2013 10:27 PM

one good thing that happened with the power outage. When the lights came on all the 49ers weren't laying on the ground stabbed to death. Could have been pretty bad for you know who.

White_Steel_Wolfe 02-03-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1082528)
one good thing that happened with the power outage. When the lights came on all the 49ers weren't laying on the ground stabbed to death. Could have been pretty bad for you know who.

That is real rich:rofl:

AndyWitmyer 02-03-2013 10:46 PM

Glad I didn't atually bet anyone on the 49s winning, since I'm broke.

But I at least correctly predicted the margin of victory...which was indeed within 3. I'd say I was surprised, but given this season...and the number of games won or lost in OT or by 3 or less points (and especially by the Ravens!!!)...I guess this should have been expected. Regardless of how much Baltimore was leading before the questionable 35 minute outage.

teegre 02-03-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer (Post 1082451)

I said the exact same things to my wife during the power outage.

Too coincidental for my taste... although, the comeback made me happy.

ricardisimo 02-03-2013 11:37 PM

Agreed...

http://bigrab.files.wordpress.com/20...n-foil-hat.jpg