Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   49ers now have a Super Bowl blemish. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96348)

Steelers5895 02-03-2013 10:51 PM

49ers now have a Super Bowl blemish.

At least the Ravens were good for something.

Great game

steelersfan299 02-03-2013 10:53 PM

Re: 49ers now have a Super Bowl blemish.

Next year the steelers are taking back the division as long as Ben's healthy

harrison'samonster 02-03-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelersfan299 (Post 1082483)
Next year the steelers are taking back the division as long as Ben's healthy

I like the sound of that.

Raw Steel 02-03-2013 10:55 PM

And the Ravens win is tainted because of the no-call. It actually worked out.

harrison'samonster 02-03-2013 10:56 PM

yeah, I'm all for letting the players play, but when the defender's holding on to the reciever in the endzone when the ball is in the air on the deciding play of the game, it's time to throw the flag

Steelers5895 02-03-2013 11:04 PM

There was a push off too. Can't pick and choose when you want the refs to let them play and make calls. It was a good no call. It wasn't a killer call and if he had a free release the ball was 5 yards out of bounds.

TRH 02-03-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1082491)
yeah, I'm all for letting the players play, but when the defender's holding on to the reciever in the endzone when the ball is in the air on the deciding play of the game, it's time to throw the flag

the receiver was ALSO holding on - and not only holding on, he actually pushed the Raven to the ground with this helmet-to-hand.
Simms was correct - it was absolutely a good "no-call".

JeromeBetties63 02-03-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRH (Post 1082506)
the receiver was ALSO holding on - and not only holding on, he actually pushed the Raven to the ground with this helmet-to-hand.
Simms was correct - it was absolutely a good "no-call".

No, its common that its not called in a situation like that...but it was clearly a penalty...and with Ed Reed getting away with offsides on the 2pt conversion and Ravens getting the running into instead of personal foul on the field goal, it should shut them up once and for all about "nfl and refs are against us."

harrison'samonster 02-03-2013 11:14 PM

well here's a stupid question then. Would the penalties offset and then they'd replay the down? Seems to me a better way to go than have it end with a play that both teams commited a penalty on.

The Curtain's Crusader 02-03-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelers5895 (Post 1082504)
There was a push off too. Can't pick and choose when you want the refs to let them play and make calls. It was a good no call. It wasn't a killer call and if he had a free release the ball was 5 yards out of bounds.

Watch the replay. The ball landed literally 2 feet out of bounds. Certainly not 5 yards.

You can't wrap both arms around a guy while the ball is in the air there and get away with it. Receiver had his hand on Smith's helmet, but didn't look like much of a push off to me. I couldn't go back to it, but it was Simms or Nantz who pointed out both arms around the receiver and it taking place 7 yards from the LOS.

I WILL say that was a terrible series of play calls, though.

Just my opinion, of course.