Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   If this isn't motivation, what is? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96351)

caseydog 02-03-2013 10:15 PM

If this isn't motivation, what is?

The ratbirds just won a super bowl. We are going to have to listen to their smack talk for months. If the Steelers go into the next season without a mission, we need to let everyone go, and get a new team to represent Steeler Nation. I can't think of a better motivation than this.

It's on!

The ratbirds are going to self-proclaim themselves the new OWNER of the AFC North. They are going to disrespect the Steelers any chance they get. They have the microphone... unless the Steelers take it back.

It is my hope that the Steelers players "quoth the raven... nevermore." They have the talent, and IMO, they now have the reason, more than ever. And hopefully, the more the ratbirds talk, the more our players are energized.

Sometimes you need an ass-kicking to set you right. Then you deal it back. An 8-8 season with the ratbirds winning the SB. That would certainly be a major motivating factor for me as a Steelers player.

The best way to deal it back is to win number seven, making the ratbirds, once again, a sideshow. Irrelevant.

CD

maddog78 02-03-2013 10:17 PM

Re: If this isn't motivation, what is?

Amen. So tired of hearing fat, non-producing millionaires like Woodley smack talk the Ravens.

Guess what, Lamaar - they're ahead of us now. What are you going to do about it?

harrison'samonster 02-03-2013 10:18 PM

The season ending this way had better light a fire under them. This is the ultimate motivation to take back control of the North next year.

VegasStlrFan 02-03-2013 10:21 PM

Hopefully the fires directly under Ben's ASS, Flaccos got himself an MVP (and looked pretty dam good all post season).

sloppyjoe 02-03-2013 10:21 PM

you're assuming this team gives a shit................i dont really think they do and their play and attitude support my thinking

Terminator 02-03-2013 10:27 PM

Guess we can't argue that Flacco isn't elite anymore, either.

He whooped Manning's ass, Brady's ass, and decimated the entire SuperBowl.

Fuck.

White_Steel_Wolfe 02-03-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe (Post 1082523)
you're assuming this team gives a shit................i dont really think they do and their play and attitude support my thinking

I agree. Woodley especially seems happy where he sits with his fat contract.

steelcity1974 02-03-2013 10:29 PM

Tainted victory. That would have been a flag if the ravens were on offense. 49ers got screwed.

Steelers5895 02-03-2013 10:29 PM

i dont feed into drama. the ravens super bowl win has nothing to do with what the steelers will try and do next year.

the good news is its been a while since there were back to back champions so the door is open.

JeromeBetties63 02-03-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe (Post 1082523)

I guess we will find out.