Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why I wouldn't trade Ben for any other QB (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96361)

SteelCitian 02-04-2013 07:32 AM

Why I wouldn't trade Ben for any other QB

He has shown heart and character and a will to win. Playing with a broken nose, can barely walk. I just don't see any other QB playing through that. Let Flacco and the Ravens enjoy their moment and see how they play with targets on their backs next year. A scenario we all know too well.

maddog78 02-04-2013 07:35 AM

Re: Why I wouldn't trade Ben for any other QB

The Ravens are done. Flacco not signed, Lewis leaving, over the cap, and will have an epic Super Bowl hangover.

Hate to say it, but the North is the Bengals division to lose next year.

harrison'samonster 02-04-2013 07:45 AM

Oh yeah, with BB at QB we have a chance every year! Can't wait to see what they do to fix the team.

SteelCitian 02-04-2013 07:47 AM

I see two things-Suring up that O line and the secondary. We need good protection against the deep ball. The running can be shut down.

harrison'samonster 02-04-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCitian (Post 1082711)
I see two things-Suring up that O line and the secondary. We need good protection against the deep ball. The running can be shut down.

oh, I think if we have an o-line that plays together most of the season, we'll see some differences. I think it was the 9ers, but every member of their o-line started every game.

steelfury02 02-04-2013 08:22 AM

Ravens won with heart and grit - its not like we're talking back to back, dominating teams like the 80s 49ers, 90s Cowboys, or 2000s New England - team's that win on emotion usually are spent the next season.

I predict we'll be back in the playoffs and battling for a real shot at the division - 10-6 or 11-5 is going to win it next season.

Steelers5895 02-04-2013 08:41 AM

I am looking for Ben to have a huge year next season. here is why:

1- second season under haley. Until he was hurt he WAS already having one of his best statistical year and we were 6-3

2- Our O-LIne on paper looks to be one of the better ones we have had in years. Lots of youth and decent depth.

3- The running game can only improve and if it does that will take a lot of pressure off Ben

4- Steelers will need to replace Wallace which means we have a chance to have a better ball catching WR. We loose taking the top off the defense (which barely happened last year) but hopefully gain a WR with more than one dimension.

5- The draft will be spent on Defense so if the defense improves with more turnovers and sacks we will get better field position to start drives

6- New Special Teams coach. If he is as good as we are hearing, again, better field position could come out of it.

You can never question Ben's will to win or toughness. he constantly plays hurt and two years in a row he came back early from injury with the potential to get hurt worse because the team needed him.

he is a super bowl winning quarterback and is the toughest quarterback since John Elway.

SteelCitian 02-04-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelers5895 (Post 1082724)
I am looking for Ben to have a huge year next season. here is why:

1- second season under haley. Until he was hurt he WAS already having one of his best statistical year and we were 6-3

2- Our O-LIne on paper looks to be one of the better ones we have had in years. Lots of youth and decent depth.

3- The running game can only improve and if it does that will take a lot of pressure off Ben

4- Steelers will need to replace Wallace which means we have a chance to have a better ball catching WR. We loose taking the top off the defense (which barely happened last year) but hopefully gain a WR with more than one dimension.

5- The draft will be spent on Defense so if the defense improves with more turnovers and sacks we will get better field position to start drives

6- New Special Teams coach. If he is as good as we are hearing, again, better field position could come out of it.

You can never question Ben's will to win or toughness. he constantly plays hurt and two years in a row he came back early from injury with the potential to get hurt worse because the team needed him.

he is a super bowl winning quarterback and is the toughest quarterback since John Elway.

You reminded me-How can I forget that running game mess we had?

lloydwoodson 02-04-2013 09:16 AM

RG III is the toughest quarterback in the NFL hands down. I have never seen anyone else play through a partially torn acl/mcl and I doubt we ever will again.

desertsteel 02-04-2013 09:20 AM

Well... I'd switch him for Aaron Rogers, Andrew Luck and that's about all. Brees, P Manning and Brady too old, or them too.

I love Ben but I'm not such a homer that I can't be objective.