Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2013 Opponents & Early Predictions (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96367)

wwhickok 02-04-2013 12:25 PM

2013 Opponents & Early Predictions

Home
Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Buffalo, Miami, Chicago, Detroit,
Tennessee

Away
Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, New England, N.Y. Jets, Green Bay,
Minnesota, Oakland

Key Resignings

FB Doug Johnson
HB Jonathan Dwyer
WR Emmanuel Sanders
DT Steve McClendon
LB Steve McClendon
CB Keenan Lewis

Free Agents that Walk

QB Charlie Batch
QB Byron Leftwich
HB Isaac Redman
HB Rashard Mendenhall
WR Mike Wallace
WR Plaxico Burress
TE Leonard Pope
LT Max Starks
OL Ramon Foster
C Greg Warren
C Doug Legursky
DT Casey Hampton
MLB Larry Foote
LB Brandon Johnson
CB Justin King
FS Ryan Mundy
SS Will Allen
P Jeremy Kapinos

Key Restructures

QB Ben Roethlisberger
LOLB LaMarr Woodley
SS Troy Polamalu

Key Cuts

DE Brett Keisel
ROLB James Harrison
FS Ryan Clark

Key Free Agent Signings

FS Ed Reed (this is much more of a dream than a serious thought)

Opponents

Home

Baltimore - W - close home victory
Cincinatti - W – By the skin of our teeth (could go either way)
Cleveland - W - Cleveland gets destroyed
Buffalo - W - Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the most overrated QBs in the league, if he’s still a Bill, he throws 3 picks in this game.
Miami - W – Despite the improvements, I just don’t think Miami is going to be a top team yet. We win this one, albeit in a close and worrisome game.
Chicago - L – This one could go either way
Detroit -W - Keenan Lewis and Ike Taylor earn their cash by shutting down one of the best receivers in the league…even after he catches 3 TD’s. We win this one by 1 point.

Tennessee W - Revenge game, Tennessee gets crushed.

Away

Baltimore L - Another close game but this time, they protect their homeland.
Cincinatti W - Close game, defensive TD clinches it (or it doesn’t)
Cleveland W - the only time this game is close was before the opening kick off.
New England W - New England has one of their few bad games (or they have one of their best)
NY Jets W - New York Circus..need I say more? Seriously..I just don’t see the Jets being good.
Green Bay L - Their offense is still for real, even if their defense isn't.
Minnesota W - This one could go either way, honestly AP plays in purple...scary thought. (or Minnesota pounds us into the ground)
Oakland - W – It’s Oakland, I think we prove to them last season was a fluke. We win by 3 TDs…or I’m wrong…

Best Case Scenario 13-3 - #1 Seed, on the road to #7

Worse Case Scenario 5-11 (losses to Baltimore twice, Cincy twice, Oakland, NE, GB, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, & Tennessee)

I did say, a few different times elsewhere that I believe we will win the division for the next two seasons. I do actually believe that. But at the same time that goes with having a great draft and a major resurgence. There is potential for our 2013 to be anywhere from a 4-12 season to a 14-2(unrealistic) season…it really depends on what happens with our roster, I think 10-6/11-5 is the most realistic

Blacksburg Zach 02-04-2013 12:32 PM

Re: 2013 Opponents & Early Predictions

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwhickok (Post 1082830)
Home

Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Buffalo, Miami, Chicago, Detroit,

Tennessee

Away

Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, New England, N.Y. Jets, Green Bay,

Minnesota, Oakland

Key Resignings

FB Doug Johnson

HB Jonathan Dwyer

WR Emmanuel Sanders

DT Steve McClendon

LB Steve McClendon

CB Keenan Lewis

Free Agents that Walk

QB Charlie Batch

QB Byron Leftwich

HB Isaac Redman

HB Rashard Mendenhall

WR Mike Wallace

WR Plaxico Burress

TE Leonard Pope

LT Max Starks

OL Ramon Foster

C Greg Warren

C Doug Legursky

DT Casey Hampton

MLB Larry Foote

LB Brandon Johnson

CB Justin King

FS Ryan Mundy

SS Will Allen

P Jeremy Kapinos

[b]Key Restructures[b]

QB Ben Roethlisberger

LOLB LaMarr Woodley

SS Troy Polamalu

Key Cuts

DE Brett Keisel

ROLB James Harrison

FS Ryan Clark

Key Free Agent Signings

FS Ed Reed (this is much more of a dream than a serious thought)

Opponents

Home

Baltimore - W - close home victory

Cincinatti - W – By the skin of our teeth (could go either way)

Cleveland - W - Cleveland gets destroyed

Buffalo - W - Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the most overrated QBs in the league, if he’s still a Bill, he throws 3 picks in this game.

Miami - W – Despite the improvements, I just don’t think Miami is going to be a top team yet. We win this one, albeit in a close and worrisome game.

Chicago - L – This one could go either way

Detroit -W - Keenan Lewis and Ike Taylor earn their cash by shutting down one of the best receivers in the league…even after he catches 3 TD’s. We win this one by 1 point.

Tennessee W - Revenge game, Tennessee gets crushed.

Away

Baltimore L - Another close game but this time, they protect their homeland.

Cincinatti W - Close game, defensive TD clinches it (or it doesn’t)

Cleveland W - the only time this game is close was before the opening kick off.

New England W - New England has one of their few bad games (or they have one of their best)

NY Jets W - New York Circus..need I say more? Seriously..I just don’t see the Jets being good.

Green Bay L - Their offense is still for real, even if their defense isn't.

Minnesota W - This one could go either way, honestly AP plays in purple...scary thought. (or Minnesota pounds us into the ground)

Oakland - W – It’s Oakland, I think we prove to them last season was a fluke. We win by 3 TDs…or I’m wrong…

Best Case Scenario 13-3 - #1 Seed, on the road to #7

Worse Case Scenario 5-11 (losses to Baltimore twice, Cincy twice, Oakland, NE, GB, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, & Tennessee)

I did say, a few different times elsewhere that I believe we will win the division for the next two seasons. I do actually believe that. But at the same time that goes with having a great draft and a major resurgence. There is potential for our 2013 to be anywhere from a 4-12 season to a 14-2(unrealistic) season…it really depends on what happens with our roster, I think 10-6/11-5 is the most realistic

Don't get too excited about those predictions. The Steelers historically have loved to play down their competition and very rarely blow out opposing teams. However, being the optimist that I am, I am going to predict a 19-0 season and winning Lombardi #7. (I know 19-0 won't happen, but I will remain truly optimistic about hoisting Lombardi #7.)

sloppyjoe 02-04-2013 12:33 PM

i see at least 4 losses on the road and 2 at home.
11-5 best case, 7-9 worst.
the easy prediction is 9-7 or 10-6. wildcard, first round exit,
rinse, repeat the following year without a playoff appearance

maddog78 02-04-2013 12:33 PM

If we lose Starks, Foster, and Legursky, the only three linemen who can stay healthy, we'd better pray for a miracle or it's going to be a long year when the injuries start piling up.

wwhickok 02-04-2013 12:37 PM

I agree with points all 3 of you made. My philosophy is, if youre gonna make a prediction, go big!

And im an over zealous optimist.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 02-04-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1082836)
If we lose Starks, Foster, and Legursky, the only three linemen who can stay healthy, we'd better pray for a miracle or it's going to be a long year when the injuries start piling up.

I see us bringing back legursky

steelfury02 02-04-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1082836)

IMO, one of those guys needs to stay. I would love to have Starks back again - but, he does deserve better pay. How much? Not sure right now - that would be an interesting topic in the FO with all the other roster dilemmas in front of them

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 02-04-2013 12:53 PM

All im saying is this time next year the Lombardi Trophy will be back in Pittsburgh.

desertsteel 02-04-2013 12:57 PM

So............................ we could either go 13-3 or 5-11........................... OK

pete74 02-04-2013 12:58 PM

Before you guys make predictions on what games we will win and lose go back and look at last year'sthread on that . It's kinda funny seeing it now