Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Now that the game is done... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96381)

Riddle_Of_Steel 02-04-2013 06:34 PM

Now that the game is done...

...Back to our resident capologists and our in-house roster discussions. I am done fretting over the Raven's win-- we will have to hear about it from them sooner or later.

What is the date when all 32 teams have to be under the 2013 salary cap?

What moves do you expect to see the Steelers make in the weeks to come? Do we see Casey Hampton, Brett Kiesel, and James Harrison walk away from the Burgh, as many are speculating now?

I am already looking forward to playing the Ravens in week 1-- who is going to be on our roster? Will we get to see Polamalu ruin another day for Joe Sacko? I would pay big money to get to see Polamalu karate chop the ball out of Flacco's hands again.....

Riddle_Of_Steel 02-04-2013 06:35 PM

Re: Now that the game is done...

I admit-- I know jack squat about our salary cap troubles. WHo is the resident expert?

What are the cutoff dates and what are some figures we have to deal with?

Riddle_Of_Steel 02-04-2013 06:36 PM

I honestly think Casey and Diesel are the first casualties.

I foresee lots of difficult decisions ahead for the team and organization. I blubbered like a little baby when Ward retired. This is going to be an emotional rollercoaster....

harrison'samonster 02-04-2013 06:55 PM

I'm definitely interested to see what happens leading up to the draft. I think Hampton, Kiesel, Foote, and Harrison are going to be gone by the start of next season. I'm going to be sorry to see them go.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 02-04-2013 07:06 PM

I would not be surprised if Keisel & Harrison gets cut we have there replacements well idk about Harrison's replacement but time will tell if Worilds is the answer(if not there's alot of pass rusher in the draft Jarvis jones anyone?), Cam Heyward is ready imo this team is going to get young quick.

If we can sign Keenan we will have the best DBs in the AFC.

Ready for next season to start :tt02:

The_Joker 02-04-2013 07:13 PM

Keisel and Harrison should stay, but they need to cut their contracts down.

Casey though...

VaDave 02-05-2013 08:36 AM

RE: Worilds

Worilds is a solid player, with better every down skills than Woodley. The one and ONLY advantage between the two is when Woodley is motivated, he can be an impact player rushing the QB. Unfortunately we need him to be motivated for more than 5 plays a game. We also need him to drop about 40 lbs so he can stay healthy.

steelfury02 02-05-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1083070)
I'm definitely interested to see what happens leading up to the draft. I think Hampton, Kiesel, Foote, and Harrison are going to be gone by the start of next season. I'm going to be sorry to see them go.

I actually think 1 of those 3 will be staying 1 more season. What is unfortunate is that they were really truly coming on at the right time towards the 2nd half but, time to rip the band aid off me thinks!

I'm predicting Harrison will take a discount. If I'm wrong, thanks for the memories Debo:thumbsup:

JeromeBetties63 02-05-2013 09:08 AM

I know this much....were about to find out if the Steelers are going to sustain their 40 year run of remaining competitive for the SB year after year.... with a couple of exceptions

VaDave 02-05-2013 09:16 AM

Cuts, Harrison for sure, or he gets a major pay cut. We all know how sensitive Mr. Harrison is about his money ( he's tighter than Jack Benny, and squeezes his nickles till they squeak) money. I'm sure somebody will make him a 2 year contract in the $ 4mil a year range. Woodley, Roethlisberger, and Brown will be restructured ( salary advance).

The saving cutting Kiesel is minimal, I think he stays. Hampton is a goner. Colon will save us some, but also will leave behind some dead money hit next year.

Thats' about it. Make no mistake, there are going to be new faces on this team for 2013, and even more 2014-2015. A good many will be FAs brought in at discount rates. Heaven help us from a quality standpoint.