Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block.... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96391)

MeanGee2047 02-05-2013 10:52 AM

If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

what do you think teams would offer for him realistically? He's got two or three good years left due to the way he plays...should we just blow it up now? Should we wait 3 years to groom a new QB? Colbert is in the hot seat and he's been missing more than hitting in the draft. Want to know what steeler nation thinks...

harrison'samonster 02-05-2013 11:05 AM

Re: If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

personally I think you're jumping the gun a bit early. What would we get for him? Depends how much a team needs him. Losing BB and taking a chance on finding another QB who can be as good would be a mistake.

wwhickok 02-05-2013 11:09 AM

IF we put Ben in the block, Arizona, Arians, would give a 1st, 3rd, and 2014 2nd for him. You can take that to the bank.

Edit: I do NOT think that we should entertain the idea of trading Ben...at all...

As far as Colbert being on the hot seat, I'm not sure I agree with that.

desertsteel 02-05-2013 11:10 AM

We should trade Ben just as soon as the Patriots trade Tom Brady...

desertsteel 02-05-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwhickok (Post 1083217)
IF we put Ben in the block, Arizona, Arians, would give a 1st, 3rd, and 2014 2nd for him. You can take that to the bank.

Arians would give up 2 first-round picks and an assortment of thirds and fourths to get Ben. And I think that Ben would gladly go to play for Arians.

But the Steelers won't trade Ben, or even consider it; nor should they.

JeromeBetties63 02-05-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanGee2047 (Post 1083213)
what do you think teams would offer for him realistically? He's got two or three good years left due to the way he plays...should we just blow it up now? Should we wait 3 years to groom a new QB? Colbert is in the hot seat and he's been missing more than hitting in the draft. Want to know what steeler nation thinks...

I vote we put you on the fan trading block. Maybe we could get the Bills to give us a six pack and a bag of chips for you.

Gnutella 02-05-2013 11:30 AM

If Bronco fans were yinzers, they would have wanted John Elway gone by 1992.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 02-05-2013 11:30 AM

If anyone who wants to trade Big Ben please never root for the Steelers again, If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been to 3 super bowls and winning 2...I swear some of y'all need a helmet he is a FRANCHISE QB you just don't trade a QB that gives you a chance to go to the super bowl every year.

But if anyone wants to make my day please tell me who you would trade Ben for...

JeromeBetties63 02-05-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW (Post 1083229)
If anyone who wants to trade Big Ben please never root for the Steelers again, If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been to 3 super bowls and winning 2...I swear some of y'all need a helmet he is a FRANCHISE QB you just don't trade a QB that gives you a chance to go to the super bowl every year.

But if anyone wants to make my day please tell me who you would trade Ben for...

Jesus. :chuckle:

RavensD 02-05-2013 11:42 AM

Why in the world would you consider trading Ben, of all people?

1. He's kinda good.
2. Who replaces him (this draft class isn't very strong, and FA won't be teeming with franchise QBs)
3. Just no