Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers need a #1 receiver...who? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96392)

xbroughneck 02-05-2013 11:10 AM

Steelers need a #1 receiver...who?

Antonio Brown is not a #1 receiver. He's a good #2.

Mike Wallace is not a #1 receiver.

And since Ben isn't a quick read/react quarterback he's going to need a #1 receiver that
1) has decent size
2) runs good routes
3) catches the ball with his hands consistently
4) can BLOCK occassionally
5) has above average speed

Blocking isn't a requirement , but the other 4 things are. So who can the Steelers get to be their Anquan Boldin, or their Santonio Holmes? Ben needs a #1 receiver.

wwhickok 02-05-2013 11:13 AM

Re: Steelers need a #1 receiver...who?

Im not going to lie...I could honestly see Holmes ending up back in Pittsburgh. I could also see Burress getting resigned.

I think Holmes might have realized like others have, the grass is not always greener.

JeromeBetties63 02-05-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbroughneck (Post 1083219)
Antonio Brown is not a #1 receiver. He's a good #2.

Mike Wallace is not a #1 receiver.

And since Ben isn't a quick read/react quarterback he's going to need a #1 receiver that
1) has decent size
2) runs good routes
3) catches the ball with his hands consistently
4) can BLOCK occassionally
5) has above average speed

Blocking isn't a requirement , but the other 4 things are. So who can the Steelers get to be their Anquan Boldin, or their Santonio Holmes? Ben needs a #1 receiver.

Randy Moss, because he is, "The greatest receiver to ever play the game." :rofl:

xbroughneck 02-05-2013 11:57 AM

Dwayne Bowe is a free agent, has good size, speed and playmaking ability and he'd probably be Ben's #2 target next season.

Would you rather the Steelers use up a draft pick on a wide out, or give Bowe a five year deal? I think he would provide an immediate impact. Much more than a rookie would.

That way the draft could be spent fixing the defense.

Steel_Bus_24 02-05-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbroughneck (Post 1083252)
Dwayne Bowe is a free agent, has good size, speed and playmaking ability and he'd probably be Ben's #2 target next season.

Would you rather the Steelers use up a draft pick on a wide out, or give Bowe a five year deal? I think he would provide an immediate impact. Much more than a rookie would.

That way the draft could be spent fixing the defense.

how much is he looking for??

harrison'samonster 02-05-2013 12:04 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers go after somebody who has proven themselves. At this point in Ben's career I don't know if they want to wait to develop a #1 reciever

wwhickok 02-05-2013 12:20 PM

Is there any 'non-glaring' WR FA's this season that Pitt might look at?

steelfury02 02-05-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1083266)
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers go after somebody who has proven themselves. At this point in Ben's career I don't know if they want to wait to develop a #1 reciever

sounds like an idea that could pay off over the next few seasons, ala Ravens' pickup of Boldin. I would cry like a little girl if we got someone like Bowe. :thumbsup:

GMU Steeler 02-05-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelfury02 (Post 1083290)
sounds like an idea that could pay off over the next few seasons, ala Ravens' pickup of Boldin. I would cry like a little girl if we got someone like Bowe. :thumbsup:

I forget and not that it matters but did the Ravens sign or trade for him. I agree. That was a smart move on Newsome's part. Boldin hasn't been a star with the Ravens but he seems to be always there with a big catch. Same thing with Jacoby Jones.

steelfury02 02-05-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMU Steeler (Post 1083293)
I forget and not that it matters but did the Ravens sign or trade for him. I agree. That was a smart move on Newsome's part. Boldin hasn't been a star with the Ravens but he seems to be always there with a big catch. Same thing with Jacoby Jones.

traded for 3rd, 4th, 5th round pick

I wouldn't be willing to give up that many middle rounds - but, Wallace and a 4th and 5th - you betcha