Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mark Ingram Anyone? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96457)

Steelers5895 02-09-2013 09:40 AM

Mark Ingram Anyone?

This guy doesnt fit into the Saints offense. They barely use him and they have Pierre Thomas, Sproles and can still resign Ivory for cheap.

They are transitioning to a 3-4.

I have no idea if he is available or if the Saints are down on him but he is young, cheap and can run with power and used more than 10 carries a game has upside.

Ok, we are the GMs, what would you trade?

Me? I would trade a 3 and 5 if no players are involved

I would trade Woodley or Worilds straight up, no picks and that gives them an OLB pass rusher which they dont have on their roster.

SteelersCanada 02-09-2013 10:40 AM

Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelers5895 (Post 1084479)
This guy doesnt fit into the Saints offense. They barely use him and they have Pierre Thomas, Sproles and can still resign Ivory for cheap.

They are transitioning to a 3-4.

I have no idea if he is available or if the Saints are down on him but he is young, cheap and can run with power and used more than 10 carries a game has upside.

Ok, we are the GMs, what would you trade?

Me? I would trade a 3 and 5 if no players are involved

I would trade Woodley or Worilds straight up, no picks and that gives them an OLB pass rusher which they dont have on their roster.

I wouldn't give up any picks because of this defensive-heavy class, but I'd give up Worilds and Carter for him. Again, I don't trade Woodley after one bad injury marred year.

Steelers5895 02-09-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1084482)
I wouldn't give up any picks because of this defensive-heavy class, but I'd give up Worilds and Carter for him. Again, I don't trade Woodley after one bad injury marred year.

Its back to back down years for woodley. 2011 he was hurt and last year he was non existance. he is still a decent name not too far removed from a good year which means he still would command value. One more season like the last 2 and he is going to be cut, useless as a trade and we get nothing for him.

lloydwoodson 02-09-2013 11:05 AM

Dwyer rushed for more yards than Ingram. Dwyer and Redman both have career ypc better than Ingram. I don't think Ingram will be a Steeler any time soon. I certainly would not give up depth at OLB to bring in a RB. RBs are a dime a dozen.

This probably could have been part of one of the several FA threads out there.

desertsteel 02-09-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloydwoodson (Post 1084486)
RBs are a dime a dozen.

Then how come we don't have one?

pittpete 02-09-2013 11:47 AM

If the Steelers traded Woodley, his cap hit would still be over $8 million for the Steelers so it isn't ahppening.
Quote:

Acceleration also occurs when a player is traded or waived and picked up by another team. The new team is not responsible for any of the original signing bonus. The team that waived or traded the player is responsible for the accelerated signing bonus

Steelers5895 02-09-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloydwoodson (Post 1084486)
Dwyer rushed for more yards than Ingram. Dwyer and Redman both have career ypc better than Ingram. I don't think Ingram will be a Steeler any time soon. I certainly would not give up depth at OLB to bring in a RB. RBs are a dime a dozen.

This probably could have been part of one of the several FA threads out there.

saints have 4 running backs and are a throwing team. do you watch football?

Steelers5895 02-09-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittpete (Post 1084495)
If the Steelers traded Woodley, his cap hit would still be over $8 million for the Steelers so it isn't ahppening.

i am thinking moreso of picks. especially if we trade down and accumulate picks. we can afford a 3rd and 5th. a bettis type trade for sure.

AgentGold007 02-09-2013 01:03 PM

I'd rather draft Eddie Lacey.

Steelers5895 02-09-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentGold007 (Post 1084507)
I'd rather draft Eddie Lacey.

17 is too high

if we move back in rd 1 and he is there great.

wont be there in rd 2 when we pcik unless we move up