Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steve Breaston (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96616)

jacobo 02-21-2013 12:05 PM

Steve Breaston

Interesting interview, and in it he says he wouldn't mind playing for Todd Haley again after being cut from the Chiefs a few days ago.

Quote:

Would you play in Pittsburgh with Todd Haley?

"I don't know what the future holds for me. I just think that I came out there and I was with coach Haley, and the situation I'm in now ... you just have sit back and look at things, see what opportunities I may have and what's going to benefit me. I want to get back to winning games. That's one of the big things, that's going to be a big part of my decision-making. Going somewhere where I can compete and have the opportunity to help the team win games. I'm going to look at the situation, see what I have in front of me. If I'm blessed to be back home and go with coach Haley and help contribute to win games then I'm fine with it. Right now I just got released the other day so I wasn't really thinking too much about this process. We'll figure it out sooner or later."
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/2...ers-todd-haley

Another article discussing it further

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...rs-depth-chart

What's everyone think? He's a decent option that should come cheap after an injury and lack of production last year, plus he's a fan of Haley and has followed him around when he went to KC, and him being from the area probably doesn't hurt either. Good route runner, willing to go over the middle, and if his knee is healed, has some pretty good speed. Shouldn't cost that much either.

harrison'samonster 02-21-2013 12:13 PM

Re: Steve Breaston

if we can afford it I think it's a good deal. He's worked in Haley's system so I wouldn't think it would be a problem for him to come in. Like I've said in another thread, he had a 1000 yard season as a #3 receiver when he had Warner throwing to him. He's only 29 and as far as I've seen he's never had injury problems.

If we can afford him it should be a great fit.

Riddle_Of_Steel 02-21-2013 01:03 PM

That would give the WR corps a descent veteran presence, with Breaston and Cotchery on the same squad.

If they pick him up, I think it also sends a message that upper management feels the WR corps needs some guidance. I agree. "Young money" and Wallace's contract holdout. I like Brown, but he contributes his own share of stupid with the sideshow stuff.

I think Brown's statements seem to suggest that Wallace is being seen by folks internal to the org as having been a large part of the problem. People with "their own agendas" sounds like Wallace to me.

Is he just the scapegoat? Maybe, but either way, that, combined with most of the language from the Rooney's thus far says there is a 0% chance Wallace is a Steeler this next season.

steelersfan299 02-21-2013 02:14 PM

I only want him if we pay little to nothing for him, he wasn't that good last year and I don't see him as a starting wide receiver.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 02-21-2013 02:25 PM

If we are going to spend money on a cheap FA sign Chris Ivory he'd make more competition for Dywer and Redman and whoever else is at camp.

ebsteelers 02-21-2013 02:34 PM

wouldnt be a bad pick up but at the same time... if i remember correctly he is not a big posssesion wide out, which is what we need..

sanders, brown, add breston, and cotch.

who is making the big catch across the middle 4th and 6th on the goal line to win the ship?

SteelersCanada 02-21-2013 02:46 PM

Breaston or Cotchery - pick one, we can't have both. I go with Cotchery because he took a pay cut to stay here and be with this team. That needs to be the attitude for this team, not whining and bitching about a contract in the offseason.

harrison'samonster 02-21-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1086586)
Breaston or Cotchery - pick one, we can't have both. I go with Cotchery because he took a pay cut to stay here and be with this team. That needs to be the attitude for this team, not whining and bitching about a contract in the offseason.

it might come down to that. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see Haley pull for Breaston.

teegre 02-21-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebsteelers (Post 1086584)
wouldnt be a bad pick up but at the same time... if i remember correctly he is not a big posssesion wide out, which is what we need..

sanders, brown, add breston, and cotch.

who is making the big catch across the middle 4th and 6th on the goal line to win the ship?

Heath Miller... and Gavin Escobar.

PhantomJB93 02-21-2013 05:30 PM

Considering he's from Pittsburgh, best buddies with Woodley from college, and has experience with Haley, I'd think we'd be his top option if we offered him a deal...it's just a matter of if we could actually offer him a deal.

I like Breaston and think he could be really good on our team, he hasn't been in a situation to succeed since Kurt Warner left Arizona and he looked good back in those days. If we don't resign Plaxico I'd look into Breaston.