Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Brady restructures deal, Ben next. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96680)

The_Joker 02-26-2013 08:27 PM

Brady restructures deal, Ben next.

Proves both of these men as elite, selfless players.

Brady will be 40 at the end of his new deal, but I say the reward is greater than the risk.

Ben, we have to wait for the details.

PATS16N0 02-27-2013 02:01 PM

Re: Brady restructures deal, Ben next.

Brady is the model team mate. He could go elsewhere and become the highest paid football player of all time and instead plays for small potatoes compared to what he's worth and frees up 7 million dollars extra in cap space this year and next.

Patriots have a huge Free Agency coming up now.

PATS16N0 02-27-2013 02:01 PM

This also makes him a Patriot for life.

Awesome day in Patsville.

GMU Steeler 02-27-2013 02:21 PM

He also gets the money guaranteed. I am not denying Brady here. It was a good gesture and it does help his team but let's not act like he doesn't get any benefit from this deal. Now that said, a smart move by both parties.

The_Joker 02-27-2013 03:23 PM

Well remember that his wife is rich as hell to :)

GMU Steeler 02-27-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1087596)
Well remember that his wife is rich as hell to :)

Yep. I mean it's nice for his team that he did a deal that opens up cap room but the idea that he somehow sacrificed himself for the team above himself isn't accurate. I can understand why Pats fans love the deal. I would too if I were a Pats fan since they'll be able to keep or get some FAs that they otherwise wouldn't now but this isn't Tom Brady taking a huge cut in salary and guaranteed money to open up cap room. I am not knocking him or the Pats but the deal being made of this is silly.

TRH 02-27-2013 06:50 PM

it's not hard to "settle" for "only" 9-million a year - when your wife makes 5x that a year.
Giselle's income for her alone last year was $45 million dollars. One year.

Atlanta Dan 02-28-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPatriots (Post 1087574)
Brady is the model team mate. He could s go elsewhere and become the highest paid football player of all time and instead plays for small potatoes compared to what he's worth and frees up 7 million dollars extra in cap space this year and next.

Patriots have a huge Free Agency coming up now.

Let's wait and see if they get something done in the playoffs - 8 years and counting since the last Pats championship