Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hakim deal falls through (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=972)

JerseySTEEL 06-18-2005 07:57 PM

Hakim deal falls through

WR Hakim leaves Chiefs day after signing deal

June 17, 2005
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Free agent wide receiver Az-Zahir Hakim will not sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, coach Dick Vermeil said Friday.

The Chiefs said earlier this week that they had reached agreement on a one-year contract with Hakim, who played for Vermeil when the St. Louis Rams won the Super Bowl six years ago.

Hakim and his agent felt the wide receiver would fit in better somewhere else, Vermeil said.

"I was little disappointed, but I understand," Vermeil said. "That's just the nature of this game. You can't have everything you want."

The Chiefs have not committed to bringing in another receiver, Vermeil said, but have been in contact with former Eagles wideout Freddie Mitchell.

Hakim, released by the Detroit Lions in April, had not signed a contract with Kansas City.

"We had agreements, but we kept thinking about it," Vermeil said. "It wasn't the best opportunity for Az, and I'm happy for him."

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Chiefs | Vermeil Comments on Hakim
Fri, 17 Jun 2005

KCChiefs.com reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Dick Vermeil said he talked to WR Az-Zahir Hakim and Hakim decided the Chiefs were not the best situation for him. Hakim had talked things over with his agent before talking to Vermeil. Vermeil believes Hakim is heading to the New Orleans Saints. When asked Hakim's contact was related to the situation, Vermeil replied: "Everything's related: the total situation wasn't as good. You're trying to get somebody for the minimum and somebody else's is offering you more. I think he did what anyone else would do."

clevestinks 06-18-2005 11:17 PM

Re: Hakim deal falls through

Hakim or Freddie Mitchell, thats a no brainer to me. Hakim, unless something is going on that we don`t know

Go_Cats 06-18-2005 11:22 PM

I swear to god, it seems like 90% of king carls negotiations fall through

BlitzburghRockCity 06-18-2005 11:58 PM

Hakim hasnt done much of anything after leaving his supporting cast of Bruce and Holt anyways

wcpf78 06-25-2005 08:50 PM

He should have stayed with K.C. Now he har to worry about Carolina improved secondary.

BlitzburghRockCity 06-25-2005 10:14 PM

he should have stayed in ST. Louis.. :D