Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Running Game and our Running backs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=97234)

SteelerJay 03-23-2013 06:42 AM

Running Game and our Running backs

a lot written about the failure or inconsistency of Steelers running game the past two years. Missing in that debate is the poor OL that they have had (as a unit).

Mendenhall, a two-time 1000-yard runner gets blamed, benched and discarded, coming off a major injury. Redman and Dwyer fizzle.

Would it not be prudent then, that if they had a shot at Warmack they should take it?

Star Loutelei (sp), to me, is another high-value player and I hope we have a shot at either of these two.

The other guys available where we draft are hit/miss or there is better value lower down.

How much of a drop off is Cooper from Warmack?

desertsteel 03-23-2013 06:58 AM

Re: Running Game and our Running backs

Those guys are going top 7.

Steel_Bus_24 03-23-2013 06:59 AM

ugh Cooper is right there with Warmack.....The dude's motor is insane......He might not have the physical peak strength as warmack.....but Cooper is one of the few Unrelenting forces type players in this draft. Guys with motors like his don't come along very often....

Cooper has been my " I Pray he falls to us Pick".....Id take him over Warmack

Cooper-Pouncey-DeCastro would be an amazing "Big Three'....<---I sort of hate using that because everybody uses it now like Elite

SteelerJay 03-23-2013 07:11 AM

well..Cooper could be our guy, pair him with DeCastro for years of gaping holes that any half-decent runner can be successful; invest in the line and pay cheap for the running back

Steel_Bus_24 03-23-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerJay (Post 1095368)
well..Cooper could be our guy, pair him with DeCastro for years of gaping holes that any half-decent runner can be successful; invest in the line and pay cheap for the running back

Ooh yeah....if he's there....

The Steelers had DeCastro graded as one of the Top OGs in the past decade....Many rank Cooper like that as well, if not higher then Double D.....So I have a very hard time believing....if he is there....that the Steelers would have another player rated higher on their Big Board

pete74 03-23-2013 07:36 AM

I think Cooper would be a better fit for our team.
As for Star Lotulelei, I would love to grab him. He could play end or NT. He would be our probowl NT for the next 12 years

The_Joker 03-23-2013 08:10 AM

If we go FA, I want Ahmed or Beanie

If we draft, Lacy or Lattimore.

VaDave 03-23-2013 09:28 AM

If (and that is a big), if Cooper is there at 17 we have to take him. If we don't we will regret it for years.

I understand all of the other areas we need to fill, and like some of the other talent out there, but a great OL solves a lot of issues, even those on the other side of the ball.

SteelerJay 03-23-2013 09:58 AM

if the latest NFL.Com mocks are any indication, I would trade a few picks down from that 17th spot if Ansah, Warmack, Cooper, Jones are not there. This draft has pretty good value in 2nd thru 5th rounds.

whoever we pick at say, 20th thru 25th, will be just as good value as choices at 17th, if those players (listed above) are not there

if teams before us don't panic and reach for qb's , we are looking at WR Patterson; DE's Werner and Moore, and any cornerback or safety not named Vacarro or Milner

Sharkissle29 03-23-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerJay (Post 1095386)
if the latest NFL.Com mocks are any indication, I would trade a few picks down from that 17th spot if Ansah, Warmack, Cooper, Jones are not there. This draft has pretty good value in 2nd thru 5th rounds.

whoever we pick at say, 20th thru 25th, will be just as good value as choices at 17th, if those players (listed above) are not there

if teams before us don't panic and reach for qb's , we are looking at WR Patterson; DE's Werner and Moore, and any cornerback or safety not named Vacarro or Milner

Question, is Werner projected as a 3-4 OLB?