Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=97361)

sluggermatt15 04-01-2013 08:17 AM

2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread

Discuss the 2013 Pirates season here!

LET'S GO BUCS!!!

:tt02:

CrickRat23 04-01-2013 05:56 PM

Re: 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread

Not a very good outing for the Buccos today. The bats forgot to show up. I was cussing Pedro all afternoon ( before his last at bat ) . He was up twice early in the game with runner's in scoring position and did not do squat. Not good for your clean up batter, but he did come through in the 9th with a run scoring hit. A.J. Burnett pitched pretty good except for the one pitch to Rizzo who crushed the pitch 428 feet to center field. Ten strikeouts for A.J. so not all was bad. Lets get the bats going boys. I know it is early and it was the first game of the season so I am not too upset about the loss.

Lets Go Bucs.

sluggermatt15 04-01-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrickRat23 (Post 1097936)
Not a very good outing for the Buccos today. The bats forgot to show up. I was cussing Pedro all afternoon ( before his last at bat ) . He was up twice early in the game with runner's in scoring position and did not do squat. Not good for your clean up batter, but he did come through in the 9th with a run scoring hit. A.J. Burnett pitched pretty good except for the one pitch to Rizzo who crushed the pitch 428 feet to center field. Ten strikeouts for A.J. so not all was bad. Lets get the bats going boys. I know it is early and it was the first game of the season so I am not too upset about the loss.

Lets Go Bucs.

Agree about the bats. 3 hits against ANY club won't cut it. This is my major concern this year. The offense HAS to hit the baseball. As you pointed out, the pitching kept the team in the game. I agree Burnett pitched moderately well, he gave the Pirates a chance.

The good is I guess at least the Buccos got on the board. The bullpen also pitched 3.1 scoreless relief. I was glad to see that. Good start for them.

CrickRat23 04-02-2013 12:00 PM

Maybe the day off today will allow the Buccos to find their bats that seem to be missing. LOL. I know, I know, it is too early to start worrying.

sluggermatt15 04-03-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrickRat23 (Post 1098068)
Maybe the day off today will allow the Buccos to find their bats that seem to be missing. LOL. I know, I know, it is too early to start worrying.

Yep. It's not even the first weekend yet. I believe the Pirates were close to 10 games under .500 early in the year before they started getting things together. I am not worried by any stretch. I see it as the team is getting their early season jitters out. Can't really judge them based on only 1 series because we don't know what teams are great and what ones aren't.

CrickRat23 04-03-2013 10:33 PM

Good win for the Bucs tonight. Another well pitched game from Wandy to Watson to Grille.

CrickRat23 04-04-2013 04:14 PM

Bucs lose to Cubs 3 to 2. Well once again a great performance from the starter, with no run support. The Bucs finally got on the board in the ninth, had the tying run on third with no outs, and could not produce a run. Very dissapointing. Plus the bullpen gave up a few runs today. Put this series behind them and lets start over on the west coast.

NSMaster56 04-05-2013 11:19 AM

Brutal end to the game yesterday.

Pitching has been great while the bats, as usual, don't seem to understand fundamentals.

Need to find their mojo quick as the sked doesn't get any easier.

CrickRat23 04-05-2013 02:02 PM

Lets hope the Buccos can get the bats going tonight in LA. Cutch is going to need some help, he cant do it all by himself.

Pucks and Bucs tonight.

sluggermatt15 04-06-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrickRat23 (Post 1098933)
Lets hope the Buccos can get the bats going tonight in LA. Cutch is going to need some help, he cant do it all by himself.

Pucks and Bucs tonight.

Grienke continued his usual dominance of the Pirates. Sad to see we couldn't muster anything in Game 1. Hope the bats come alive tonight, but I am not counting on it against Kershaw. We might get swept out of town if we're not careful...