Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Feedback & Support (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   expanding notifications? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=97456)

jacobo 04-08-2013 05:45 PM

expanding notifications?

I'm not sure what the logistics of this are and how hard it would be, but what about expanding the notification system to include forum posts where you're quoted? Would make navigating the forums looking for debates you're in easier, and just makes responding to people who've quoted you easier as well. These threads can get going pretty quickly, and coming back after being gone for a few days, looking to continue a conversation can be pretty disorienting. I'm not sure if there's something like this already implemented, so if there is correct me

Lokki 04-09-2013 02:07 PM

Re: expanding notifications?

You could subscribe to a thread from the Thread Tools drop down menu.

Bayz101 09-27-2013 02:00 PM

Fulfilled.

Bayz101 09-27-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobo (Post 1099895)
I'm not sure what the logistics of this are and how hard it would be, but what about expanding the notification system to include forum posts where you're quoted? Would make navigating the forums looking for debates you're in easier, and just makes responding to people who've quoted you easier as well. These threads can get going pretty quickly, and coming back after being gone for a few days, looking to continue a conversation can be pretty disorienting. I'm not sure if there's something like this already implemented, so if there is correct me

Thoughts on the system?

jacobo 09-27-2013 05:19 PM

exactly what i had in mind lol, forgot about this thread

Fire Haley 09-28-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 1185249)
Thoughts on the system?

Excellent idea - it was annoying at first, so I ignored it - but after I got through the first 100 notifications it's not so bad. I get so many hits from all my glorious posts that my inbox is constantly swamped with karma and quotes.

I only reward real karma though - you have to click on the thumbs up button and write me if you want a tit for tat

Nice work Jacoby Jones

Steelstoned1972 09-28-2013 03:13 PM

I can dig it ! It helps follow your conversation even if its been a few days !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Steelstoned1972 09-28-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Haley (Post 1185722)
Excellent idea - it was annoying at first, so I ignored it - but after I got through the first 100 notifications it's not so bad. I get so many hits from all my glorious posts that my inbox is constantly swamped with karma and quotes.

I only reward real karma though - you have to click on the thumbs up button and write me if you want a tit for tat

Nice work Jacoby Jones

Are you suggesting people to suck up to you ? That's too funny. I'm sure the anti Haley crowd all ready do more than you can handle.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

harrison'samonster 09-28-2013 04:04 PM

I love the notification systems, how about you @caplovestroyp43 ?

:tt04: :drink:

Fire Haley 09-28-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelstoned1972 (Post 1185737)
Are you suggesting people to suck up to you ? That's too funny. I'm sure the anti Haley crowd all ready do more than you can handle.

Not suck up - join my church - Fire Haley!

In case you haven't noticed...my flock groweth.....everyone will see my wisdom soon

yea verily

they call me The Prophet