Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2013 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Emmanuel Sanders extra 3rd rounder (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=97493)

Steel Glory 04-10-2013 03:23 PM

Emmanuel Sanders extra 3rd rounder

So like the thread title, Sanders signed a $4million offer sheet from the Patriots and it is very unlikely the Steelers match it. So now we have the Patriots 3rd round pick on top of our own.

Here is a quick scenario.

1. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
2. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
3a. Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M
3b. Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU
4. Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
5. Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
6. Demetrius McCray, CB, Appalachian State
7. Alex Hurst, OL, LSU

harrison'samonster 04-10-2013 03:27 PM

Re: Emmanuel Sanders extra 3rd rounder

looks good. add an extra 6th pick as well, we got that for losing Gay.

Rabbit 04-10-2013 03:31 PM

Again, team-specific mock drafts are the worst.

Damontre Moore falls to the mid third?

Steel Glory 04-10-2013 03:31 PM

I realized I forgot that, and there's no running back here either haha. So, with our 6th rounder add Stefphon Jefferson, RB, Nevada

Steel Glory 04-10-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit (Post 1100666)
Again, team-specific mock drafts are the worst.

Damontre Moore falls to the mid third?

We'll have to wait and see. It's entirely possible though

Kingmagyar 04-10-2013 04:15 PM

I actually had my mock scenario with a Sanders extra pick, and the pick was Steadman Bailey in the 3rd. But if Vaccaro or even say Tavon Austin is gone in the first trade down and pick up yet another 3 and grab your running back there because we need a guy with a little higher pedigree then a 6th rounder from a small program like Nevada.

And I've been screaming for a tall fast receiver around here for years but Justin Hunter could be a real problem with his drops. He really suffers from that to the point at his own pro day he had several and that is with no pressure. Robert Woods, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen may all be safer options.

But there seems to be so much talent at WR this draft two in the first three rounds would be very exciting.

harrison'samonster 04-10-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingmagyar (Post 1100683)
I actually had my mock scenario with a Sanders extra pick, and the pick was Steadman Bailey in the 3rd. But if Vaccaro or even say Tavon Austin is gone in the first trade down and pick up yet another 3 and grab your running back there because we need a guy with a little higher pedigree then a 6th rounder from a small program like Nevada.

that's a great point. Even if we sign Bradshaw, we're going to need a future RB. Unless Dwyer comes back this year in great shape and takes over on the field.

Steel Glory 04-10-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingmagyar (Post 1100683)

And I've been screaming for a tall fast receiver around here for years but Justin Hunter could be a real problem with his drops. He really suffers from that to the point at his own pro day he had several and that is with no pressure. Robert Woods, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen may all be safer options.

But there seems to be so much talent at WR this draft two in the first three rounds would be very exciting.

Yeah you're correct. I actually had originally put Keenan Allen in the 2nd for us after his 4.7 and because he still hasn't fully recovered from his knee injury but Hunter would be able to directly replace Wallace with top end speed and good size. If we can't get Bailey, I would love to get Quinton Patton.

Kingmagyar 04-10-2013 04:39 PM

Just heard the offer sheet to Sanders from the Patriots is only a 1 year deal worth 2.5 million? The Steelers will match that I'm almost sure of it. I still think they would be better off long term getting two of these exciting receivers in the draft. Sanders still will be a free agent after this season.

Steel Glory 04-10-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingmagyar (Post 1100702)
Just heard the offer sheet to Sanders from the Patriots is only a 1 year deal worth 2.5 million? The Steelers will match that I'm almost sure of it. I still think they would be better off long term getting two of these exciting receivers in the draft. Sanders still will be a free agent after this season.

They can match it. But they need to think about their chances of signing him next season to a long term deal or if they would rather have the 3rd round pick. But yes 2.5 is much more doable. I'm with you and hoping to get that extra 3rd rounder. Sanders hasn't been consistent and wouldn't sign his tender, which means he probably thinks very highly of his worth.