Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Deion Sanders (great guy) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=975)

bengalsfan21 06-18-2005 08:38 PM

Deion Sanders (great guy)
 
NFL.COM

BRINGING HIM TO THE HOUSE
How's this for a feel-good story? Ravens cornerback Deion Sanders is planning to adopt Noel Devine, one of Florida's most highly-touted high school running backs.

Devine's not just any running back; he had a two-game stretch last October in which he gained 35 yards PER CARRY! That is insane, even by high school standards. Devine played at North Fort Myers (Fla.) High, the school from which Sanders graduated in 1985. Now Devine will be moving to Texas to play high school football at Prosper High School and live with Sanders.

"The principal of my high school told me about him a couple of years ago," Sanders said. "Said the young man needed guidance. I didn't follow through then, but was back in my hometown for a Jevon Kearse event recently. Three more people told me about Noel and his struggles. I've spent some time with the young man, and he needs direction. He doesn't have parents; they died. God put this young man in my heart. This is not about sports. This is about a kid's life."

Kudos to Sanders, the ultimate showman who is a lot more than glitz.

I think he is a great guy for this.

Tha rock 06-18-2005 08:59 PM

Re: Deion Sanders (great guy)
 
Wow thats a great read sanfers always seemed like a cool guy.

figg 06-18-2005 09:04 PM

Re: Deion Sanders (great guy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
NFL.COM

BRINGING HIM TO THE HOUSE
How's this for a feel-good story? Ravens cornerback Deion Sanders is planning to adopt Noel Devine, one of Florida's most highly-touted high school running backs.

Devine's not just any running back; he had a two-game stretch last October in which he gained 35 yards PER CARRY! That is insane, even by high school standards. Devine played at North Fort Myers (Fla.) High, the school from which Sanders graduated in 1985. Now Devine will be moving to Texas to play high school football at Prosper High School and live with Sanders.

"The principal of my high school told me about him a couple of years ago," Sanders said. "Said the young man needed guidance. I didn't follow through then, but was back in my hometown for a Jevon Kearse event recently. Three more people told me about Noel and his struggles. I've spent some time with the young man, and he needs direction. He doesn't have parents; they died. God put this young man in my heart. This is not about sports. This is about a kid's life."

Kudos to Sanders, the ultimate showman who is a lot more than glitz.

I think he is a great guy for this.

Rob that m-f-er lol--just kidding- even though Im not a fan of his and always thought Rod was better that is a great story.

bengalsfan21 06-18-2005 09:08 PM

Re: Deion Sanders (great guy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by figg
Rob that m-f-er lol--just kidding- even though Im not a fan of his and always thought Rod was better that is a great story.

I never cared for him either but for anyone to adopt a teenager they never knew has to be an outstanding person, I have alot of respect for him.

figg 06-18-2005 09:10 PM

Re: Deion Sanders (great guy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
I never cared for him either but for anyone to adopt a teenager they never knew has to be an outstanding person, I have alot of respect for him.

no doubt...but I still hate him :)

bengalsfan21 06-18-2005 09:17 PM

Re: Deion Sanders (great guy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by figg
no doubt...but I still hate him :)

Lol What non pittsburgh player do you like, besides Palmer I know you like him :bouncy:

figg 06-18-2005 09:27 PM

Re: Deion Sanders (great guy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Lol What non pittsburgh player do you like, besides Palmer I know you like him :bouncy:

No to Palmer---Players I like hmmm. I like the way Rudi plays----John Lynch---Ronde Barber---Tomlinson-- And some others.

bengalsfan21 06-18-2005 09:38 PM

Re: Deion Sanders (great guy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by figg
No to Palmer---Players I like hmmm. I like the way Rudi plays----John Lynch---Ronde Barber---Tomlinson-- And some others.

You said Rudi me and you can be bestfriends now :cool:

Tha rock 06-18-2005 10:54 PM

Re: Deion Sanders (great guy)
 
Tomlinson yuck how about moss, porter, jordan, burgess?? maybe woodson.

Prosdo 06-18-2005 10:58 PM

Re: Deion Sanders (great guy)
 
That is a great story. That takes a lot to take in a teenager like that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum