Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2014 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Early look at 2014 (highlight Videos) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=98056)

cbrunn 05-03-2013 09:48 PM

Early look at 2014 (highlight Videos)

Maybe to early for some ... but I'm Excited about this 2013 Steelers draft class ... and just excited to get football back soon College and NFL

Here are a few prospects to look forward to watching next year and hopefully maybe drafting ... I think my early favorites are CJ Mosley and Sammy Watkins

Feel free to add some players too

CJ Mosely

[YOUTUBE]KMsooDAzafc[/YOUTUBE]

Andrew Jackson (Depending on his workouts and improvement , might only be a 2 down LB)

[YOUTUBE]dMK4a-NcbJ4[/YOUTUBE]

De'Anthony Thomas

[YOUTUBE]5ulHw2C3geo[/YOUTUBE]

Cody Hoffman

[YOUTUBE]PU9N0oq09BI[/YOUTUBE]

Sammy Watkins

[YOUTUBE]GSTrsbpPMEg[/YOUTUBE]

teegre 05-04-2013 01:57 AM

Re: Early look at 2014 (highlight Videos)

I'm thinking it's going to be CB or ILB in R1, and then ILB or CB in R2.

cbrunn 05-04-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1113374)
I'm thinking it's going to be CB or ILB in R1, and then ILB or CB in R2.

If they stick to their rotation , it's Offense turn in the 1st round this year

But I agree I think ILB has to be in the 1st 2 rounds ... CJ Mosely is a perfect 3 down LB ... and Andrew Jackson is a perfect Thumper , the guys like 6-1 260lbs , but all depends if he can move well or not

Here a few CB ...

Aaron Colvin

[YOUTUBE]dYw-Q4pgyWQ[/YOUTUBE]

Bradley Roby

[YOUTUBE]wUGaATkrpCQ[/YOUTUBE]

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

[YOUTUBE]KM5-orWujdU[/YOUTUBE]

I just can't wait for Football

teegre 05-04-2013 09:45 AM

There's also the CB tandem from Florida. (There is going to be a plethora of CBs in next year's draft.)

I'd go Mosley at 32 (although, I doubt that he drops that far)... and then one of the Florida CBs at 64.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 08-29-2013 11:45 PM

Prospects I'll be watching

Haha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
James Hurst, OT, North Carolina
Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida & Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
D'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon

PhantomJB93 09-06-2013 10:32 PM

As a homer pick I'd love us to pick Antone Exum in the first or second. Might be able to get him in the second or third since he's coming off an ACL tear, but he was considered one of the best DB's prior to tearing it this offseason; if he comes back strong he might jump into the first though. Dude is a big, physical, man-to-man corner with a combination of class, confidence, and swag in the mold of Ike Taylor. Would be a vocal leader on defense (something we're lacking) and could be either a safety or a corner (he switched to corner last year after 2 years at safety with fantastic results).

[youtube]GUSyrr9MHBg[/youtube]

PhantomJB93 09-14-2013 07:36 PM

Also, I gotta say that Mike Evans of TAMU would look REAL nice in a Steelers uniform. Exactly what we need, a huge, physical target who can go up and out-muscle the defensive player and bring down a pass. Not to mention he's used to catching passes from a QB who improvises.

Grav 09-17-2013 07:18 AM

could well be picking high this year, got to take a OT

Soberdisposition 09-26-2013 03:17 PM

With the way we are going I'd say Jake Matthews is very much achievable. Followed by a quality DB and WR in the second and third.

cbrunn 09-27-2013 06:53 AM

There is no way I'm wasting another pick on Oline or Dline ... They need playmakers

I would take Anthony Barr over clowney , he fits better in this scheme

But I want playmakers

Sammy Watkins or maquis lee in round 1
Deanthony Thomas in round 2

Offense needs top quality weapons