Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Movie Thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=98278)

SteelCityMom 05-17-2013 01:35 AM

Movie Thread

Figured we should get a thread going to talk about movies and whatnot (There might be an old one floating around, but I'm way too lazy to find it).

Anything new and exciting you've seen? Anything that should be avoided like the plague?

Just got done watching Mama (produced by Guillermo del Toro, directed by Andrés Muschietti in his debut film...Muschietti was also the writer). It was a bit predictable, but the acting, camera work, and CGI was really good...and while the story isn't exactly the most original, it was still done well. 6/10 on the creepy scale.

Getting ready to watch this. Seems completely appropriate since I'm having trouble falling asleep. The only possible cure could be a horror movie about insomnia driving you insane. :chuckle: It's an After Dark movie, so it could go either way. I'm not walking into it with a lot of expectations lol.

SteelCityMom 05-17-2013 01:38 AM

Re: Movie Thread

Oh, and this looks like fun!

MasterOfPuppets 05-17-2013 01:43 AM

i was really disappointed with ironman 3

Fire Arians 05-17-2013 03:23 AM

i wanna see star trek. passed up on ironman 3 because of the plethora of complaints about how bad it sucked on my facebook news feed lol

MasterOfPuppets 05-17-2013 04:04 AM

just watched "pain and gain" , gotta say i was pleasantly surprised. i thought it was gonna be a lame comedy , but it kinda reminded me of the movie "blow" , the way it was done.
it was worth the time...:thumbsup:

teegre 05-17-2013 09:06 AM

420 MEETS HOLLYWOOD
I can't wait to see "This is The End."

MONSTERS APLENTY
I randomly watched "The Cabin in the Woods." I gotta say that I liked it. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but it is NOT at all like I expected. It is NOT just a slasher in the woods movie; it us way, way different than any movie I've ever seen. I'd actually say that it's a COMEDY. The last 15 minutes are awesome... and I rewound & watched it twenty times (trying to "spot" certain things).

jacobo 05-17-2013 09:17 AM

cabin in the woods is the best horror movie of the past decade+

and this is the end looks amazing

Vis 05-17-2013 09:33 AM

I'm looking forward to Man of Steel. Lets hope it doesn't suck like the last Superman

jacobo 05-17-2013 09:48 AM

man of steel looks pretty sweet tbh. hope it sets the ground works for a justice league franchise.

teegre 05-17-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobo (Post 1118928)
cabin in the woods is the best horror movie of the past decade+

How many "references" could you spot?