Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Feedback & Support (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Poll: Political forum? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=98443)

Bayz101 05-27-2013 02:34 AM

Poll: Political forum?

For a while now, we've been contemplating a Political forum here at SF. I see no problem with it, and the locker room would still be useful for many other off-topic discussions to keep it relevant. I would have no problem making a political forum.

I want your opinions, though, and if we decide to create a Political forum, i'd like suggestions on what political threads to merge to the new forum as well.

Poll it up!

The_Joker 05-27-2013 07:46 AM

Re: Poll: Political forum?

I dunno, Mach might get pissed at this dirty stinkin' liberal :chuckle:

All I gotta say is this: Vote Democrat and you lose your second amendment rights, vote Republican and you lose all the rest.

pczach 05-27-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 1123175)
For a while now, we've been contemplating a Political forum here at SF. I see no problem with it, and the locker room would still be useful for many other off-topic discussions to keep it relevant. I would have no problem making a political forum.

I want your opinions, though, and if we decide to create a Political forum, i'd like suggestions on what political threads to merge to the new forum as well.

Poll it up!

I've been to many topic specific message boards that add a political forum, and the board never feels the same. The thing that unites everybody here is their love of Pittsburgh Steeler football. Politics is a very volatile subject. I have seen people that could agree on things and actually enjoyed talking to people turn into hateful, resentful posters that couldn't let the politics stay out of their minds. They would be aggressively nasty towards other posters in every thread. It spills over to every other forum, no matter what the subject matter. That's part of what led me here. It taints how others are seen by posters. Some of us could barely get along now. and that's only talking about football! I've seen it happen before. You have such a great message board here, and I don't want to lose the escape from real life that this board is to me. I know that sounds selfish....yeah, that is selfish, but I think it's in everyone's best interests.

I come here to laugh and talk about Steelers football. The political shit is an unavoidable reality of daily life. I come here to forget that.

The_Joker 05-27-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pczach (Post 1123303)
I've been to many topic specific message boards that add a political forum, and the board never feels the same. The thing that unites everybody here is their love of Pittsburgh Steeler football. Politics is a very volatile subject. I have seen people that could agree on things and actually enjoyed talking to people turn into hateful, resentful posters that couldn't let the politics stay out of their minds. They would be aggressively nasty towards other posters in every thread. It spills over to every other forum, no matter what the subject matter. That's part of what led me here. It taints how others are seen by posters. Some of us could barely get along now. and that's only talking about football! I've seen it happen before. You have such a great message board here, and I don't want to lose the escape from real life that this board is to me. I know that sounds selfish....yeah, that is selfish, but I think it's in everyone's best interests.

I come here to laugh and talk about Steelers football. The political shit is an unavoidable reality of daily life. I come here to forget that.

I agree 100%. Leave politics to this forum if need be.

Buddha Bus 05-27-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pczach (Post 1123303)

I vote no on a politics specific forum. As pczach stated, it can turn divisive across the board. It has in some instances already. That's why I want it left out of the social group. I want everybody to put that shit aside and leave it on the board. Just because we don't exactly see eye-to-eye on politics or religion, it doesn't mean we can't get along, have some fun, and be friends. Nobody has all the answers. If they did, this country would be in a much better position than it currently is. The more we squabble amongst ourselves, the easier it is to fall further into the hole and allow all poiiticians (Democrat or Republican) to continue to fuck us royally.

The_Joker 05-27-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1123316)
I vote no on a politics specific forum. As pczach stated, it can turn divisive across the board. It has in some instances already. That's why I want it left out of the social group. I want everybody to put that shit aside and leave it on the board. Just because we don't exactly see eye-to-eye on politics or religion, it doesn't mean we can't get along, have some fun, and be friends. Nobody has all the answers. If they did, this country would be in a much better position than it currently is. The more we squabble amongst ourselves, the easier it is to fall further into the hole and allow all poiiticians (Democrat or Republican) to continue to fuck us royally.

Wow, Piss Monkey made sense?

Get out.

Buddha Bus 05-27-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1123332)
Wow, Piss Monkey made sense?

Get out.

It's a whole lot more than we can say for you.

The_Joker 05-27-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1123333)
It's a whole lot more than we can say for you.

Aw shucks, ya really mean it? :chuckle:

Buddha Bus 05-27-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1123340)
Aw shucks, ya really mean it? :chuckle:

Yup.

MACH1 05-27-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1123302)
I dunno, Mach might get pissed at this dirty stinkin' liberal :chuckle:

All I gotta say is this: Vote Democrat and you lose your second amendment rights, vote Republican and you lose all the rest.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...aiPzhIDhGRbR5A